TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

It's been a long long time since I lasted posted. I met with the kidney doc today and it looks like I'm heading down the cytocan road. If my blood work (GFR and creatine) doesn't improve within a week, he will immediately start me on the chemo. I'm 30 and want to eventually have children, so I want to take the lupron shot. Does anyone know if there is a time limit before taking the shot and recieving cyctoxan.

Candy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello candi

I'm sorry to hear that things have got to this stage. Has Cellcept been considered and ruled out as suitable. It doesn't have the decreased fertility side effect. I had a brief & quick google and got the impression that the lupron is taken a couple of weeks before each cytoxan treatment. However it wasn't clear if this is the most recent or generally used protocol. It's surprising your doctor doesn't know or take the trouble to find out from the sources he can access which might include calling some of the experts to ask what they do.

Maybe somebody with personal experience and reliable info will come along

Very good luck

Clare

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dear Candi:

I agree with what Clare has to say about your doc doing the research and being able to answer your question(s) for you. He may even have some other patients that he's treating that are in a similar situation as you that he could direct you to to discuss it and see what their experience(s) have been. I did have a go with the Cytoxan treatments as well as many others on this site. No personal experience with the Lupron shots. I'm so sorry to hear of your Kidney issues. Wishing all the best. Hugs.

Love -- Susie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts