TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any research has been done on lupus and the appetite centre of the brain?just wondering if it is affected.Most of the time I just don't feel full.I haven't always been like that,it's as though my brain doesn't tell my stomach I've had enough.Other times I have no appetite at all,just curious,
Julsie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Julsie
I don't know if there is a link as i am still new to finding out that this other stuff cold be lupus related i didn't understand it can have such a wide affect on your body all i can say is i go through phases of not being able to eat very much not feeling hungry to wanting to eat and eat but i figured that was just another one of those weird things that happens lol I know that i just find i listen to my body and eat when i can and i figured my body will balance itself out lol :wink2:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Interesting thread:)

I find through the day if I am feeling ok, I like to nibble through the day. But come dinner time, when I'm tired I can't eat a thing. No appetite at all. It seems for me, it's the larger full meals that I just don't have the appetite for. So I guess it depends on how I'm feeling physically, when exhausted, no appetite, when I'm feeling soso ok, I can have an appetite.

Although, I do find when I'm on prednisone (which makes me feel upbeat and no pain, and less exhaustion) I have a huge appetite, which is why I gained weight on the darn stuff.

Anyway, that is my experience:)

Be well!

Karin

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi julsie

That's very interesting..I can definitely relate to not knowing when to stop eating :eek: that's if I allowed myself to though :wink2:
however I am more of a 'snacker' as I seem to have trouble digesting larger meals.

I also find that if I don't snack I feel faint & sick.not sure if any of this is connected to the lupus or maybe the medications.

take care..karen x

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Julsie, I don't have an appetite at all. I never eat breakfast,never did, and lunch is half cup of milk, half cup of fruit, and a yougert. Around 3
o'clock I may eat a sm. pudding cup. Then supper is same as liunch, very small. I basickly cook for hubby, then cut off a small portion for me and that enough. I know a lot of it is our meds telling the brain what to do.
Sorry I can't tell you more, but eat or nibble, we need the food. be well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts