TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, so hope this is right. Im after some info on how breast cancer may affect lupus. Anyone been in this situation? thanks.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
mrstrev,

No I can't say that I or anyone I know have had both happen. I am sorry that this has come up with you. I can tell you both are toll taking on the body so rest is a much for you. Do you have a rhuemy, if so I would say that you should speak with them and see if they have any thoughts on how the cancer will or may affect the lupus. I wish I could help you more. My heart goes out to you and if you need someone to talk to feel free to email me or if you see me in the chat room join me would like to chat with you. Sometimes all it takes to feel a little better is someone to listen to us. I wish you the best in your fight for recovery.
Tammy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im so sorry, Im an idiot. Its not me with the cancer, its my sister and I was hoping to find something out which may give her a bit of a boost, and help me to work out how best to help her, (mentally and physically). Sorry I wasnt more clear in my post. Im very upset as I have just learned of this today.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi there and welcome,

No you are not an idiot just distressed because of your sister's health issues. And who wouldn't be.

We have had a couple of ladies here who have had breast cancer and Lupus also. They are a bit quiet in posting lately and that's probably due to the time of year. I can tell you though that both had treatment and are doing very well right now. In fact I remember one of them saying that the chemo for the breast cancer she had seemed to help knock the lupus into a quiet state at least for a while.

I will be thinking of you both and wishing you well, if your sister feels she needs to talk to anyone of course she and you are both welcome here.

I can't really give you any more insight into the situation as I have not had to deal with it myself but if it's support you need or just somewhere to vent or ask about the lupus in general then know that we are here.

take care,

Lily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts