The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone find that Lupus makes your IBS worse? I drink fiber(konsyl) every morning and I am better for it but I still have alot of issues. Just curious if anyone else is having a hard time.

Stacy

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Stacy,

I know there are several members here that deal with IBS. Hopefully they will come along and post.;)

I don't have IBS so I am not much help to you.

It does sound awful to have to deal with it.:(

Love,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I don't have IBS but I have inflammation in my digestive tracts. This has affected me and I find I can only stomach simple easy to digest food and too much fruit or veg actually makes me worse. I don;t know if you take plaq but this can irritate peoples stomachs. Maybe you could ask to be referred to the nurse or dietician for diet plans?

Deb

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I do take plaq. I do try to stay away from greasy foods it makes it worse. Also lactose intolerant. Thanks guys. Just sometimes I feel the the Energizer Bunny, I keep going and going and going.....:lol:

Stacy

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've just been diagnosed with IBS, had lupus for 2 1/2 years. Said it was mainly to do with my meds - taking anti spasmodiocs 3 times daily, but still feeling bloated, uncomfrotable and sometimes sore. Finding it hard to change diet and to try and find the best/worst foods for me to eat. - White rice and cous cous are definately no nos!!! ANy hints would be greatly appreciated
xxx

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I was diagnosed with IBS years ago and up until stomach surgery when I used to eat more food I always had issues as described by others here.

I am beginning to think that gluten free and dairy free may not be a bad idea after all but GF food is very expensive.

Sorry your dealing with IBS issues but your not alone. My GI issues are extensive and can be disruptive too.

My heart goes out to you.:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.