The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,394 Posts
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/body_and_soul/article3334295.ece

I think that one might work.

It's not a bad article really if you read the whole lot. It mentions this:

One solution is to cover energy-efficient lighting with filters to reduce the UV emissions, already widespread practice to protect displays in museums. Lighting industry representatives also say that alternatives to fluorescent lighting will be available for those suffering from photosensitive diseases. Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs can last 11 years and do not give off UV light.
Which at least lets us know there will be alternatives :)

Thanks for posting this :foryou:

love
Lily

· Registered
3,394 Posts
They mean the newer energy efficient light bulbs Sharon. They are called compact flourescent bulbs.

The only standard flourescent ones I know of are the long tubes which they already make covers for, although I am not sure how effective the covers are because I still react to them :hehe:

Let's hope they come up with a good compromise for us Lupies, so we can be environmentally conscious and not jeopardise our health at the same time.

love
Lily

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.