TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am midly freaking out!!! I was recently diagnosed with SLE and am on Plaquanil 400mg a day (for about 2 weeks now). Anyway, I went to see a chiropracter who did some x-rays and informed me that I have a nodule in my lung (I saw it!). I immediately called my PCP who ordered a Chest X-Ray the results of which I will get tomorrow. I called my rheumatologist who had already left the office for the weekend so I wasn't able to ask him. Anyway, I was wondering is if anyone has every had anything like this? Is this something that happens to Lupus patients or is this something totally seperate??

HELP!!!

~Dale

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure...he just said that it was a nodule and it looked to be about the size of a dime.

~Dale

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
There is another autoimmune illness called Sarcoidosis which presents with nodules on the lungs, just a thought. I would wait and see what your own doc comes up with and what the radiologists report says first :hug: Good luck and do let us know how you get along.

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You have not yet had the xray evaluated by a radiologist? That and my pulmonologist would be my first step.
No, I have not heard of this with lupus. I have had just about every problem that sle can throw with lupus, and this is a new one. I would think it has not been shown to be part of your sle, but is a different conditon all together.
Sally

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

This might be something totally different but I have a nodule on my lung. It has nothing to with lupus. Apparently a remaining trace of infection will commonly attract calcium to it and that will cause a nodule which then stays there (completely benignly) forever after. My last lung infection was in 2000 and I only just found out about this nodule but was told it happens very frequently.

As I say, it may not be the same thing at all and obviously needs checking by the radiologist and a pulmologist.

Lung problems can occur with lupus and can be serious for some people too but would generally manifest differently.

Katharine

·
Registered
580 Posts
i have nodules in my lungs, my pulmonologist said that after 2 years with this they are completly benign if they stay the same. and will stay this way for good. dont worry too much, i found out this is very common.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys sooo much! I do feel a little better just knowing that it has at least happened to others on theboard. Anyway, I should get my CXR results today and will go from there. I also have a call into Dr. Wallace (my rheumatologist) and will let you know what he says.

Thanks again everyone!!

~Dale

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys!

Ok, so I got the results back from my CXR and apparently it is just your garden variety lung nodule. According to the radiologist, it doesn't appear to be anything more then a benign nodule. My PCP will re-check in a few months but other than that, I have been told not to worry!

Thanks again!

~Dale

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Phew, good news Dale!

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thank you for posting about that Dale

I did not know you could get such nodules. Very useful information.

Great news too!

Take care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts