The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has some books about lupus I can read.
I already have Sharon Moore with alternative threatments.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Lupus Books

I asked St Thomas' which was the best book to read as there were so many of them on the market. They suggested Talking about Lupus by Triona Holden. I found it quite helpful and I passed it around a few friends and it helped them to understand a little too. Plus it wasn't too scary either.
Triona herself is a Lupus patient so she understands too what it is like to be on this side of the fence (so to speak)!

Hope this helps
Claire xx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey there,

Another good lupus book is: "Lupus: the facts" by dr. Graham Hughes. Talking about lupus by Triona Holden that Claire talked about is a very nice read too! :)

Zoi

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Vlinder,

I also like Dr Wallace's "the lupus book" , plus the two mentioned already.

If you click on the lupus store UK link on the main page of this site it will take you to these and other books, and it helps the site raise some funds too.

By the way, I believe you are an aussie, married to a dutchman? Me too:wink2:

X C X

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello !

The link to Amazon and other items - buying through the site raises revenue to help support it. The Site Founder and owner Joanne finances it from her own pocket
http://www.uklupus.co.uk/uklupusbks.html

My favourite book is New Hope for People with Lupus.
It is very readable unlike Dr Wallace's which is more of a reference book in my view although invaluable for detail.
New hope for people with lupus gives excellent practical advice on living with lupus - Mind -body connections, as well as excellent articles about alternatives and complementray therapies. The addresses are US but the advice about how to checking therapists and find them is applicable everywhere.
The facts and information about lupus is sound and there is no superficial & personal "I -have- found- the- cure" agenda being pushed. IMO,some of the books eg about diet are misleading and superficial containing frank inaccuracies and dubious speculations about the causes of and remedies for lupus.

Later: This book isn't listed on Amazon UK ! :( Look for it on Amazon USA.

Clare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.