The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am having a charity night on friday 4th April at walshaw sports club in bury lancs.The tickets are 7 pound and there will be a buffet and entertainment.If anybody is from the manchester area and would like too come let me know.It should be a lovely evening:)

Thanks Tallie x x x

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Tallie

What an excellent initiative ! :) I am wondering if you have a particular beneficiary in mind such as your area LupusUK Group or LupusUK or St Thomas' and are they aware of your event. LupusUK can provide useful literature.

I wish it every success and would certainly come if I were some 250 miles (?) nearer !

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great idea. To bad that I am in the states I would attend but to far away. Good luck with everything. I hope that you have a big turn out. Laurie:wink2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks !

Yes I contacted lupus uk and they have sent me lots of bookmarks,ballons and badgs etc.Thanks for your support and I will let you know how it goes.

Lots of love and hugs Tallie x:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just noticed my spelling sorry I am not very wel at the moment and its really playing havoc with me! x lol:blush:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Tallie,
I am sorry I live too far away,I would have loved to support you.
I hope it goes really well.

The cost is very reasonable too.
x Lola

·
Registered
71 Posts
party!!!!!

Hi Talliex. i would love to come but i can be there in spirt only. i would to donate so if you want to sent me a private i would love to contrubite to the fun let me know . i hope it is a great sucess. sincerely, sue :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Tallie
congratulations on your foresight :rotfl: to host and propose a Lupus Cabaret evening to highlight involvement in lupus. I echo all the other posters.

We so much need to promote knowledge and empathy with the public, medical profession and rellies, and about how charities, wellwishers :wink2: all over the World- this site, APSLUK, Lupus Foundation, Lupus Research are able to support us.

Some of us are in a lupusknowledge deprived area of the world, :( and for us our lack of knowledge of such keeps so many sufferers in the dark ages:eek:
Congrats

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Tallie,

Just wanted to wish you luck on your very important event!! Hope you all have a grand time and raise lots of $$$$ and awareness.

I may as well be on the other side of the earth, so will have to be with you all in spirit! ;)

Sharon

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Well done Tallie! This is a fantastic event for you to organise.

I wish you every success and I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Have sent a PM Taliiex

Just need to see if I can get a friend to come with me to map read because I was on the back row when they gave out the 'sense of direction'.

If i don't get there I will do something... even if i oonly make you a spoons necklace (good for hanging in the garden as a bird scarer if it's not your style)!

Good for you

Watch yout stress levels and get lots of rest!

:love:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just curious even tho I can not attend but how much is 7 pounds in American money? I am praying that you have a great turnout tho. These events are so important for people to become aware of this disease. Well like I said before good luck on that evening and give me the details the next day on how everything turned out okay.:wink2: Laurie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Laurie

£7 is about $14, about what I would pay for a cinema seat where I live, or a drinkable bottle of wine. For another comparison, the minimum hourly wage for those over 22 is about £5.50, or $11 at $2 to the £

:)
Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi tallie

well done to you!!:cheer2:

tallie I can't commit at the moment but I will try my best to attend :)

I live on the outskirts of liverpool so it's not too far for me..I will PM you nearer the time for details, if I can make it,fingers crossed :fingers:

bye for now..karen x

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi :)

me again!!...just wondering if anyone living not too far from me is thinking of going to the cabaret evening??

I am on the edge of liverpool by the m62 (roby area) heading past warrington etc to manchester.

I am hoping I will be well enough to drive so rather than dragging my hubby or a friend along I was wondering if any members are interested in going with me..if so please let me know??

many thanks......karen x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Karen

Have replied to pm.
I am coming in from Skipton direction i'm afraid.

I am 5 ft 4 in, with short (dyed) brown hair, blue eyes and gappy teeth. Got fed up of red ... hair, not teeth! So if anybody sees a woman looking a bit lonely, please talk to me. Haven't got a clue who i'm going to get to come with me, and i may even turn up alone yet - it's a while since i did anything a bit different and the journey will be more of an adventure that way ....

What is the start time Talliex???

Haven't even looked at map to see which direction bury is in yet.

PANIIIIIIC!!!!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tallie, Alwin and Karen:

Hope you guys have a great time tomorrow...let us know how it goes!

I pray your sense of direction is at peak performance! Although I have found some pretty amazing places from being lost too LOL

Alwin, I must have been a few rows ahead of you that day, because I am the only one in my family who can get anywhere LOL
My family calls me "the navigator" :)

Sharon

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well I certainly hope it is a great event.

After much wrangling with my wonderful family i shall not be going to the ball.

As always, i will be being a taxi driver for my family, then sitting home in front of the box until it is time to collect everybody after their little social events.

Nobody's 'social event' can be cancelled tomorrow night ( and it is acutally true - for one reason or another, they can't).

So here i 'lll be as always. doing nothing. On my own for no good reason.

I am sulking. I did not follow my own rule (put it in the diary so mum knows what everybody is doing or she'll forget) and I'm last in the queue for social space.

Please let everybody know if there are any similar events happening cos i want to come and will book way in advance next time so i can't be thwarted. I will even book into a hotel if i have to. i desperately want a bit of a social life outside of the local option of 'going to the pub my children work in with my husband'. It's dull and boring and pointless.

Moaning, whinging and complaining session over.

i really hope it is a good 'do'.

take care all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts