TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am thinking of paying to go to the Lupus centre in London because I am fed up of living in limbo feeling lousy and doc just shrugging their shoulders when I turn up at their surgery. Has anyone been? Do you need to be referred from GP and how much does it cost and is it worth it? Any info would be great. Thanks.:blush:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello, I have been there when in need between NHS appointments.
A referral is the best way to go but I know Dr. D'Cruz will see you without if absolutely necessary. (I enquired for a friend who can't get referred)

The Clinic is very accessible and staff are helpful. I would recommend it.
If you have any worries they are very good on the phone and will answer them for you. If I were you I would definitely make enquiries.

One more thing, Dr. D'Cruz is very fair re. not sending you for unnecessary tests. If money is a big problem, tell him as he may get your Doc to arrange NHS blood tests if necessary. (private bloods are expensive because of the lab fees involved)

Best of Luck,
Lola x

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi i am also fed up of getting nowhere fast with the nhs and was thinking of going private to london lupus centre. does anyone have any idea how i go about it, or how much it would cost please. thanks

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Louise, if you Google London Lupus Centre you will get the phone number. They are very helpful and will tell you fees etc. without pushing you into anything. For what it is worth, I think you would do well to go. Sometimes private is the only way to get started. I know it is hard.
x Lola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts