The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So when I had the second stroke, they said it was the exact same area when I had the first stroke. Made me a little paranoid about having another stroke. I looked at my lab tests when I had the second stroke. The first stroke was due to bleeding and assuming it wasn't a clotting problem.

It says that the Anticardiolipin was negative.
And the Lupus Anticoag was also negative.

Is there any way to make sure I really don't have APS or a clotting problem? So at least then I can just control my lupus I suppose.

Thank you everyone,

Cinnia

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Cinnia,

I think the reason no-one has answered is because they don't know the answer :)

Have you recently been tested for those antibodies? Have they run other tests associated with clotting/bleeding tendencies? There are some familial clotting factors apart from APS (Factor V Leiden etc) and some people here have them. I assume they ruled out an aneurysm at that time? It's a complicated subject to me, but if those tests have been run intermittently and don't come up positive then you probably don't have APS.

Sorry I can't offer more, but my knowledge is limited in that area :)

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Cinnia, I hope the appt with your rheumy goes well and that you manage to get some answers. It must be very worrying for you.

Deb x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.