The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rotfl: Hi all,
I am back again, seems to me there is not enought hours in the day and I just have been really bad at reading and posting lately. You were all so very supportive when I wrote several months ago after finding out the Mammo I had done was abnormal and they told me they found a "flame shaped" vein in my right breast, which they watched for 6 months and removed 8/07 only to find out it was Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I went thru many tests including Bone Marrow ( what a walk in the park that was
; ^(
All the tests were negative and I was told I would be monitored but no treatment was necessary at this time. So that was a relief for me and the family. Going in next Friday for a follow-up and hoping all is still fine. Anyway, my surrent Supervisor is a real trip and seems like every 2-3 weeks she is changing my job duties and location of where I am sitting. I try to explain to her I am not only a Lupus patient but I am deaf also, so common tasks take longer for me and when she changes them everytime I turn around it it very difficult for me. I know she thinks I am "dead wood" and would like me to quit, but I need my job and the benefits. I read in a post about "Brain Fog" and really think that sometimes I have it. It is hard enough having Lupus commuting to work and having my day be 12 hrs, the fatigue and stress is so hard I come home exhausted and can barely have dinner before I am ready for bed! But having Auto Immune Hearing Loss and a Cochlear Implant is also hard for me. I must listen and compute all day,which to is exhausting....so my ? is any suggestions....I really do not think I would qualify for disability, but am thinking there has to be a way to stop this hassment and all the changes. Maybe I should not share this but I work at [a health clinic] and the motto is "The patient comes first" well don't you think employee's should also?

Sorry this is so long but I am venting and it feels darn good!!!:mad: :worried:

Bless you all.... and you are all my Hero's in the Battle of Lupus that we are all fighting each and everyday,

;) Denise

[ Denise we have taken out the name of the clinic. Best to be careful because never know who's reading and critical remarks not acceptable on forum. Thanks for understanding. :) CT ]

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. That would be an impossible day for me to get through - I'm sure of that. Without dealing with the cochlear implant issue.

I do believe that employers will do little tricks to try to shoo people out the door quietly...

Please update with the results of the follow up on your NHL diagnosis. That is really great they seem to think so far that it hasn't spread and requires no treatment.

As for disability - that may be something you should talk to your doctors about (especially GP and rheumy). If it reaches a point where you need too much time off work due to lupus and related health isses, then you would most likely qualify for disability through your employer if not through SSDI. You would lose benefits and health insurance though (at least I did but I still get them through my husband).

Take care and thanks for posting. It's good to hear from you and hear that things are going "OK" at least. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Maia,
Thank you for answering my post I really appreciate the information. I really enjoy this sit the folks are wonderful and the information and suggestions really I fell help us all.
I will be better at posting and stay in touch more often.

(((((Hugs)))))
Denise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts