The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good Lupus doctor in North Wales, possibly at Wrexham Hospital or maybe Boddelwyddan?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
we have another member who lives your way perhaps she will be on later so she can advise you of who she see locally. Good luck

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hopefully the North Wales member will be on soon but meanwhile you can try LupusUK

http://www.lupusuk.com/councilandgroups.asp for the North Wales support group contact details. You can then call one of the members for advice,although it would be sensible to join LupusUK if you wish to pick their brains:wink2:
Another way is to google the hospitals in the area.
( [name hospital] rheumatology lupus ) or similar. You can call them and ask if they have any lupus cases. You can also google the names of the rheumatologists to see if they have any publications or are active in some area of lupus. Two names came up when I googled, Dr Bijaya Rowchaudhury and a Dr P Madison at Gwynedd or Glan Clwyd ( I can't read my notes )

Good Luck
Bye for now
Clare

·
Registered
25 Posts
North West Rheumies

Hi
Dr Roychowdry was at Wirral's Arrowepark, lovely woman butfelt a little passive and one in a long line of Rheumies I have seen at the hospital. I have since been referred to my original Rheumie Dr Kennedy who really got his teeth into the problems and really listened (then left!). He's now at the Royal in Liverpool...not too far and I would recommend him.
Regards
Brenda:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fo that, I will ask to be referred to the Royal .... really appeciated, Take care x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dr In North Wales

Hi, i live in north wales and i see a really good rheumatologist at bangor hospital, i know she goes to llandudno hospital but dont know about anywhere else. her name is dr hamed or ahmed sorry not sure of the spelling will try and find a letter with her name on.. I know she also gave a talk in the local lupus group at bodelwyddan in october last year. i noticed someone mentioned prof madison, he has retired and the doctor i mentioned has taken over from him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts