TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum, it is nice to meet you.

Do you have a diagnosed of lupus or are you on the journey to being diagnosed?

Most University Hospital Schools have a good rheumatology departments.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Amanda~

I see that you are in Ocean Springs, I am from Gautier but have been gone since Katrina. I had great difficulty finding ANYONE down there to treat my lupus. Finally found a GP that did address most of my symptoms and we dealt with it. Unfortunately, he retired from practice around the same time Katrina hit.

You might have some decent luck in Mobile. Check with USA and see if they have a rheumy clinic that you can get a referral for.

I wish you the very best of luck~~~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was diagnosed with Discoid Lupus 20 years ago. No sign of SLE for a long time. My fingertips were turning blue/white/red and I developed an ulcer on one of my fingers that did not go away. (I thought I had a nail fungus LOL).
Blood test revealed that my ANA's were very high so my MD referred me to a
Rheumatolist in my area, he ordered more blood test. Went for the results and he diagnosed me with Raynaud's Pheo. He could not tell me if I had Lupus or Scherderma but to report any changes to my body. He'd see me in 6 months. He did say that my ANA's were still elevated. Well that is just not good enough. I have heart palpations, swollen hands and feet, fatique and sore muscles, and developed another ulcer on another finger. I read your advice and thanks so much.

Amanda

·
11,405 Posts
Have you given your doctor a ring and told him about your new symptoms? I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts