The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had moments of forgetfulness and stuff before but nothing like what has been happening lately. I feel like I have lost my mind. I'm really scared. Here is my list:

Drove 45 minutes out of my way when I should have only been on the highway till the next exit

Saying the wrong word, toilet instead of towel

Forgetting what we are talking about

Typing things wrong like a totally different word sometimes

Forgetting by the time google opens up what I wanted to look up

Word recall

Being unable to say the right word or being stuck saying the wrong word over and over when I try to say the right one

forgetting basic spelling

Having to write things down

Mood swings

Suicidal thoughts

Annoyed at everything

Fast to become angry

Anti social in the extreme. Stayed alone for the holiday because I couldn't handle people.

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
Hi lesdanger,

You need to let your doctor know what is going on. Some of your symptoms could be attributed to brain fog but others don't seem to be. Don't suffer silently ask for help.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
4,436 Posts
Hello....a lot of what you are experiencing could be neurological problems due to Lupus..but I think you definitely do need to let your Rheumy know as Lazylegs said, to tweak your meds or refer you onto a neurologist..........don't say nothing and stay feeling so miserable...let us know how you get on....take care, Claire

·
Registered
10 Posts
Snap iv been doing the same can't remember were parked my car or were I'm driving to forgetting stupid things just like the world is unreal don't no Wat I'm doing lately x

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi
You are not alone. I have been like that for a while now. Especially when I'm driving and don't know where I'm goin. It's frightening when it happens but lucky it passes as quick as it comes.
My sister is used to me texting wrong now she just laughs at it coz it happens so often.
My temper has been going really bad lately over nothing, I hate it when it happens coz I get upset easy.
When I realise what's going on I try to calm myself down coz I know where it's coming from. I have mentioned to my doc but nothing has been done about, they don't seem to have the time.
Don't lock yrself away, see your doctor if they can help you in some way. Don't give in, leave the lupus live with you instead of you living with lupus.
Keep safe
Wolf1

·
Registered
40 Posts
"the lupus live with you instead of you living with lupus"

wolf1 - I thought this was a very good perspective, which I will try to implement into my thinking.

It's too easy to focus on our physical problems, etc., and not separate our "self" from our physical condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been worried about this as well. I've been having issues mixing up words, having trouble getting my thoughts out correctly and forgetting things. I go back to work tomorrow after being on short term disability and I'm really freaking out. I'm a software developer which is a pretty brain intensive job and I'm really scared.

I hope everything works out for you!

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
When issues such as this interfere with your life you should let your doctor know. Your meds may not be optimal or it may be time for further investigation by a neurologist.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been forgetting why I go the frig, leave the stove burners on, so I don't cook. I have trouble with finding the correct letter when typing or even thinking of the word. My husband has noticed I am getting worse in the last 6 month. I guess when I'm really bad, he politely tells me I'm not making good decisions today. I find I'm getting irritable and losing patience quickly. I don't want to go anywhere. I make lists for lists. I have to write down everything because I don't remember what I need to tell my husband. It's getting scary. I have told my dr but she says it's probably all the stress and having to get used to a new life. I think she probably knows but doesn't want to say anything yet. My Dad and his mother had alzheimers but they lived into their late 80's. This is freaking me out.

I like wolf1- the lupus live with you instead of you living with lupus. That's my goal but I feel like I'm still treading water, or rather the lupus. !!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I like wolf1- the lupus live with you instead of you living with lupus. That's my goal but I feel like I'm still treading water, or rather the lupus.
I used too get like that when I was under stress or didn't get enough sleep. I pay more attention to those triggers now. Take care.

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
Ask for a referral to see a neurologist. The testing they do should be able to pinpoint the cause and may give you some piece of mind.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts