TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would pop in and give a shout out to everyone and let you all know that while I have Lupus, it doesn't have me. Its friends may be kicking my butt, but.......

For the last month I have been dealing with Pleurisy, not any fun in case you thought it might be. I had Pneumonia just prior to the start of the Pleurisy and now I have Bronchitis. I'm still here and dealing with it. I'm still packing around the wonderful oxygen tank. I think I am going to decorate the tubing and make it a little more festive for Christmas.

The family is doing fine. My granddaughter started walking at 7-8 months and started running a week later. Currently everyone is off for school break and my hubby is laid off. Can you say economic downfall? Anyway, we are all home enjoying each others company, staring at the cat sucking up against the furnace vent. We have been blessed with alot of snow, freezing rain that has turned to glazed ice on almost everything (moving or not), subzero temperatures and below zero windchills (-30 degrees really is cold) and now more snow more good measure. Yes Virginia, it is gonna be a white Christmas this year.

Hope this finds everyone doing well and enjoying the wind-down of another year and preparing for a brand new one. Maybe this will be the year for a cure. A girl can always dream.

Love ya all,
Nancy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Nancy :)

It's good to hear from you again but it sounds like you been having a real tough time of it. The pneumonia, pleurisy, bronchitis thing sounds no fun at all.

Your weather sounds even colder than ours but really quite similar, we even got that glazed ice, I couldn't even stay upright for about a metre outside. We don't have any snow right now and as it has warmed up again it looks like Christmas will be grey and wet. We'll just have to build up a nice log fire and pretend outside isn't happening.

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Nancy,

Brrrr. Your cat has the right idea, cuddle up right next to the furnace vent.

Hopefully the antibiotics take care of your bronchitis quickly.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow. That is cold. Bet it looks pretty and christmasy though.
We.. in England.. have been basking in temperatures very unnaturally high this last week or so.
One day it was 15 degrees.
Least its saving us from the atronomical heating bills we are suffering at the moment.
Glad you are keeping your spirits up and enjoying what is important this time of year with all your family around you.
Have a lovely Christmas.
Luv Sal x

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Nancy,
Sorry to hear that you are having all the problems that seem to come with having this disease and the weather. I am relieved to hear that you as a family are together and enjoying the love of each other. Many forget that is a blessing and not a curse. I hope that with the new year comes a cure for us all and for you that your hubby be recalled to work as money starts flowing to everyone.
Tammy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts