TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching Americal Idol gives back, and they profiled how the money they raised last year is helping people in Africa and in the USA.

One story was of a mobile medical clinic that goes to people in NYC. It helped a woman with two children (one hospitalized for months, one with rheumatoid arthritis). The mother of the two kids said she had lupus and she didn't know what would happen if the mobile clinic hadn't come around to help care for her.

This is some major audience/publicity hearing about lupus! They didn't go into much detail about what it was really/unfortunately, but it was mentioned and certainly my heart went out to that mother.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just finished watching it Mia. I am so thankful I live in Canada and have proper medical help and medicines.
it broke my heart to see the family struggling. but it was good to see they are at least getting a bit of help

you never know how well off you are untill you see other people doing without the basics in life. for me that means proper food, housing ,medical and medicine

Thankyou to all the people that gave their time and money to those that need it most

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm in the UK and am watching the show just now, not only did it make me cry, it made me really mad at the people in the UK who complain about our free National Health Service. It may not be perfect, but at least everyone gets treatment (even if it does take a while!)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just watched it too and cried most of the way through....as did hubby but :secret: don't tell anyone. :lol:

It most certainly makes you realise how lucky you are. The one that really got to me was when Annie Lennox was with the 4 boys who had lost their entire family to AIDS. She was so good with them and distraught when leaving them. She has tirelessly travelled to these countries for many years to help and raise awareness.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts