TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LFA

LFA Spokesperson Mercedes Yvette and Dr. Gary Gilkeson to Discuss Lupus on ABC News Now on Monday, April 7 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern - 04/04/2008 10:04 AM

On Monday, April 7 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern time, Mercedes Yvette, Lupus Foundation of America spokesperson and 2004 runner up on America's Next Top Model, and Dr. Gary Gilkeson, chair of the LFA’s Medical-Scientific Advisory Council, will appear on Healthy Life," a regular health segment on ABC News Now.

Mercedes Yvette, who has lupus and who was featured on the Spring 2007 cover of Lupus Now magazine, and Dr. Gilkeson will join Dr. Tim Johnson, the chief medical correspondent for the ABC Television Network, to talk about lupus.

Mercedes will share how lupus has affected her life, and what she is doing as a national spokesperson for the LFA. Dr. Gilkeson will discuss how lupus is diagnosed and treated, and the latest research findings.

Again, the show about lupus will be broadcast live from 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Eastern time on Monday, April 7. To view it, please visit http://abcnews.go.com/abcnewsnow, and look for "Healthy Life."

ABC News Now is a 24/7 digital cable channel available to more than 34 million users on cable, broadband and on mobile phones.
Clare

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks Clare - hope those of us in the UK can watch it back online.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Clare,

I think they replaced it with an Autism story.

Thats what i get when i click on the model for lupus video.

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I found out they just did the taping of the show today. It will appear on line in the near future.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I just watched it :) so the link does work

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow that was interesting. I'm glad to see the link is working today.

Thanks Keebler for that information, it explains why the link was not working yesterday.

I hope everyone checks it out.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Clare

Thank you so much for getting this on here.i so enjoyed watching and seeing they are finally getting some information out to the public about lupus and there is good news about some new drugs for us to use that are much safer also.I am hoping to get some of my fmaily memebers to watch this so maybe they can understand it and that the word needs to get out there also.Thank again clare and lyn for letting us know.

Tammy

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
That is great. I wish I saw it on tv though but that is ok, you can see it on line. I am glad that the word is getting out there.

Thanks for letting us know !!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
abc news

That was great, I had my husband watch it, and I may have my kids watch it, have not decided on that yet. I may wait untill I am diagnosed. I will need to talk to my kids, I have not said much in front of them, I don't want to scare them. That was some great info, thanks again, Clare and Lyn...

·
Registered
71 Posts
the link

Hi everyone, would someone mind posting the where the link is again. i did not catch it. it is just great that is gettting out there. thanks again Sue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts