TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and :welcome:

Um, your question is not an easy one to answer...

There are so many possible answers. It depends on what other medication you have been prescribed, how long you have been taking it, what dose of prednisolone you are on, what other problems you have....

There are many other options. Obviously better disease control is the ideal option but that may take longer to achieve as getting the right balance of meds is not always easy for each individual. In the meantime there are different painkiller options as well as the use of anti-inflammatory drugs.

I'm sorry but we can't really give you a more complete answer but hopefully, if we know a little more we can help you with some advice, support and encouragement :)

huge hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I'm sorry about your pain :(

You should contact your rheumatologist for further help. Maybe you need better medication for the lupus and if that isn't enough there are a large number of medicines that can better control pain. A lot depends too on the sort of pain and what exactly is causing it, for example pain from fibromyalgia or neuropathy needs different medicines.
How much Prednisone are you taking and do you take it all the time or is this a short course. I hope you can get helpful medical advice

Good Luck
Clare

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Clare that you need to contact your doctor.

I hope you can reach him tomorrow.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
It seems to me if you are in that much pain, You should talk to your doctor and tell him that you need pain pills. It will help with the pain if you get the right ones for you. It might take time to find the right pain pill or you can get it first try, but the doctor is the only way you will get some releif from all the pain.

I hope you are doing well and feel better soon.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi! I just wanted to welcome you here. You've already gotten good advice from the others. It's hard to be patient when you're in pain, but if your doctors can find the right mix of meds to suppress the cause of your pain, you may need fewer or no pain pills. That was my experience and I hope yours is the same.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Prednisone is just the beginning drug used in dealing with lupus. I take a prescription NSAID, much stronger than advil, which helps a lot with joint and muscle pain. Talk to your rheumatologist, explain that you are having much higher pain that is not being resolved by the prednisone. Prednisone is not a pain reliever.
I find it helps to list pain on a scale of 1-10 and use that when you talk to your doctor.
Good luck
Sally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts