TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i hope im doing this right as it s the first time but here gos.dose anyone please know about the lupus rash as although ive live with the lupus for 11 years iv never had much of one . in the last week although im feeling fine in myself and the other symtoms are under control the rash has flared really badly and is effecting my eyes.i was wondering if there is anything to sooth it asit dose not irritate but is sore and it hurting my eyes quite a lot.Thanks for reading and for any help avaiable Tracy

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:You are doing just fine:wink2:.

Have you seen a doctor about the rash on your face? Has it been diagnosed as the acute cutaneaous rash of lupus (ACL), or are you just wondering if this is what it is?

It is pretty much impossible to 'diagnose' rashes with out seeing them in real life, and even then usually a dermatologist is the only one who has enough experience to distinguish between different sorts of rash.

I'm not a doctor, so this may be completely innacurate:hehe:, but I don't think that the ACL rash usually affects the eyes, and is mostly not painful.

Rosacia on the other hand can affect the eyes, and is often accompanied by a burning sensation.

Both rashes typically affect the malar region on the face, and can look very simmilar to one another to the untrained (and even the trained) eye.

Your eyes are precious, so I'd urge you to try and get an appointment with a doctor, preferably a dermatologist ASAP.

Hope this helps,

X C X

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tracy
I agree that you need to get this seen to as urgently as possible in whatever way is the quickest. If you mean the area around the eyes, not the eyeballs themselves, I have only heard of discoid lupus that can affect the eyelids very like blepharitis. I never heard of the malar or ACLE rash affecting round the eyes although a disease called dermatomyositis can also affect the eye lids. This might have nothing to do with the lupus.

Best of Luck in getting some answers and helpful treatment - your GP might prescribe steroid drops or ointment to see if that helps or he might want to refer you on.
I am in the UK and it would be easier for me to see GP or go to A&E and get a referral to a 24/7 ophalmological uregency service than to see my rheumatologist. I might go to a high street optometrist for a quick opinion. When I was in the USA I could access an ophthalmologist quickly without referral.

I absolutely agree with Cath about not delaying with eye problems

Please let us know how you get on

Bye for now
Clare

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for all the help ,i did go to the doctors today and he gave me some steriod cream to help but he belive because my lupus behaves slighly different to most that may be an unusal symtom.Hopefully that will work Tracy (ZERO)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts