The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am getting everything ready for my hospital appointment next week and just want an opinion on my rash. I was out at the park today and came out like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there,

Your rash is certainly in the right "place" for the malar rash - across the bridge of the nose and cheeks but avoiding the nasal folds. You should keep the pic and show it to the doc even if it is not too "severe".

I hope that you do put on sunscreen when going out. Even in Northern climes the sun can be pretty wicked and have all sorts of bad effects - not just on the skin.

Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on :)

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi,

Definately take a copy of this picture to your appt!

You rash looks just like mine at the moment!

Good luck also with your appt......hope you are taking a list with you of things that you need to discuss!

Is this rash on sides of neck too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies, the rash is also on the v of my neck and sides of neck,

Kirsty

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have a similar rash and went to see my Dermy with it. He categorically said "no, not a Lupus rash". He put it down to my eczema.

It'll be good to hear what your Dr says.

·
11,409 Posts
My rash on my nose and cheeks looks like yours.

Like everyone has said take a picture along with you. Don't be surprise if he wants to keep it.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Kirsty :wavey:

With regards to the picture (as others have said) make sure you take a copy of it to your hospital appointment. When i went to see the dermatologist the first time i took photos of my rash as my appointment was in october and i knew the rash would have gone by then, the doctor kept the photo but when he looked at them he said straight away 'i think its lupus', so he arranged for me to have a skin biopsy the following april when the rash had reappeared.

It did turn out to be lupus as the biopsy came back positive. I don't get a bad malar rash like you have i get more of a rash which is best described as red raised blotches, i do get the rash often without been in the sun.

I hope your appointment goes well and make sure you take a list of all your symptoms, problems and questions with you as when you get there your mind will go blank if you are anything like me :wink2:

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have a very similar rash sometimes, and also get a more dotty rash on the v of my neck. Doctors believe mine to be lupus rashes. I will get the dotty rash on my forearms too, especially with the first sun exposures of the season in my pre-Plaquenil days.

Definitely take the pic with you - the doctor will want to see that. How long does it last?

Love the balloons on the ceiling. :) We did that with non-helium balloons by rubbing them on our dogs (Newfies) to generate enough static electricity to get the cling. Reminds me of Christmas as that's when we do that! *lol* My little girl's first reaction (age 11 months) was priceless that first time as she clearly knew something was not right as balloons before would drop to the floor!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi thanks for the responces, i have hospital tomorrow and luckily my husband is coming with me.

The balloons were for my 40 birthday thanks to my husband lol.

Will let you know how I get on after my appointment.

Kirsty

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Kirsty all the best with your appointment

Sheila x :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts