The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Have been having a reasonably good time for quite a while now. Apart from having exrtreme fatigue. I fell asleep at the computer recently and bashed my head on the keyboard which woke me up! :lol: So apart from having to walk downstairs sideways in the mornings; (legs too stiff to walk down frontwards!) things haven't been too bad for me.

I just wanted to share a tip with others who may be suffering from what I now know to be 'Lupus tongue'. I've written about this before and asked if anyone knew of a cure. This is a permanent white tongue which no amount of brushing or scraping would remove. My GP put me on antibiotics and gave me lozenges to suck to no avail and my Rheumatologist virtually told me that I'd have to put up with it. However, this problem was having an impact on my life (trivial I know in the scheme of things, but meant I was so self conscious of opening my mouth to even speak!).

Well a couple of weeks ago having read that bicarbonate of soda was a good mouthwash, I tried rinsing my mouth out with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and a little bit of ordinary mouthwash. After swilling it around for a few seconds, I keep it in my mouth for another few seconds and Lo and behold I now have my pink tongue back!

I'm absolutely delighted and I now do this morning and evening. I do hope this helps other sufferers!

Love to all.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lillypad;560983 said:
Hi everyone,
Have been having a reasonably good time for quite a while now. Apart from having exrtreme fatigue. I fell asleep at the computer recently and bashed my head on the keyboard which woke me up! :lol: So apart from having to walk downstairs sideways in the mornings; (legs too stiff to walk down frontwards!) things haven't been too bad for me.

I just wanted to share a tip with others who may be suffering from what I now know to be 'Lupus tongue'. I've written about this before and asked if anyone knew of a cure. This is a permanent white tongue which no amount of brushing or scraping would remove. My GP put me on antibiotics and gave me lozenges to suck to no avail and my Rheumatologist virtually told me that I'd have to put up with it. However, this problem was having an impact on my life (trivial I know in the scheme of things, but meant I was so self conscious of opening my mouth to even speak!).

Well a couple of weeks ago having read that bicarbonate of soda was a good mouthwash, I tried rinsing my mouth out with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and a little bit of ordinary mouthwash. After swilling it around for a few seconds, I keep it in my mouth for another few seconds and Lo and behold I now have my pink tongue back!

I'm absolutely delighted and I now do this morning and evening. I do hope this helps other sufferers!

Love to all.:)
Omg! It's so weird that you shared this. Lately, due to my mom, I've been researching Candida. Supposedly, holistics think that our lupus could be exaggerated by Candida, overgrowth of yeast. My tongue is whiter than most people I know (I know this because I've asked them to show me their tongues, Lol!). I will definitely try what you suggested. I also plan to at some point try a Candida cleanse. Either I will eliminate all things suggested to reduce yeast in my body or take the pill that supposedly reduces Candida. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.