TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there and welcome :)

I think that there's not many of us who have lupus who can say that we "understand it". By it's very nature it is a complex and incomprehensible disease. You're not alone there :)

However, there is a lot of information out there (though also a lot of bad information) and a lot of useful support and advice on this site which can point you in the right direction to try and answer your questions.

I hope you enjoy being here and feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself and ask any questions you may have.

Katharine

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Just wanted to say hi, Katherine has given you a great reply and I can't add anything else except my welcome!!

Deb

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
crazyd,
Hi and welcome to the site. I hope you find some answers and the support you need at the site. You are not alone with the idea of not understanding lupus as most doctors don't understand it either so why should the people that have it? We have a chat room that I do hope you will use to get instant feedback to some of your questions and to make some new friends. I hope you are doing well and feeling well.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Crazy and welcome to the board.

Wow, 7 years is a long time to have this and not understand it. I think you will find this board very helpful as it is full of great information and wonderful people who are supportive and very knowledgeable.

Maybe you should go but "The Lupus Book" by Dr. Daniel Wallace. It is written in layman terms so you can understand it and it is a must have for people with Lupus. I always tell folks that are newly diagnosed with Lupus to run and buy this book.

I hope to get to know you better. Feel free to join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Crazyd,

:welcome: to the site. I hope the site can help you learn more about Lupus. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. The members are happy to share their knowledge and experiences. Don't forget to check out the main page. There is a lot of valuable information available for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Crazyd and welcome to the board.

I have had lupus the majority of my life and not sure I totally understand it either. At times it leaves all of us shaking our heads and wondering where that came from!

There are members here who have dealt with it for decades and some who are quite new at it. Ask away. You may get many different ways to solve the same problem, but that is what makes us a diverse yet unified group. :)
Sally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts