The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
just would like to ask if anyone has had this tablet before and did it work????
its ised for fits but also for pain that is what ive got it for (pain) ive got to say its boost my energy levels,ok thanks

donna

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi. I have taken it for pain too. BUt it didn't work much for me. I also don't like the fact of taking a medicine that can make me gain weight. I don't take it now.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Donna,

Quite a few people here are on that med and it's helped them a lot with their pain. It's particularly good for Fibromyalgia pain. I am glad that you are finding it helps :thumbs:

love
Lily

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was on it for a couple of months early this year. At first I didn't think it helped much with the pain, just improved my sleep. However, due to cost, I had to come off it. It wasn't till I came of it that I realised how it had helped the pain.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Donna

I am glad you are feeling so much better ! Are you taking the Lyrica for fibromyalgia ? I have no personal experience of it so I might be talking through my hat. Sorry in advance if so and I expect somebody who knows better will be along.
hi all
omg these tablets are really good givening me loads of energy but yes but not really nice when i take them for an hour after dizzy spells so no driving for a few hours after but so much energy love it i feel alot better being able to stay awake :).
the tablets im taking are LYRICA starting at 50mg and working my way up to 600mg so thanks for your replies
take care all
I am wondering if 600mgs a day isn't an awful lot since I seem to recall doses of about 150mgs -300mgs a day being mentioned. I also wonder if taking it at night is a possibility to ward off the dizziness and make driving safer. No doubt there will be initial side effects that wear off in time.
Anyway doctors have different prescribing habits and different doses are used for different reasons but might be a good idea to check out that maximum dose especially if nobody else here has any better comments
because I could be quite wrong

When do you see the pain doc again?

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
It seems that you are right Clare - I found this

Management of Fibromyalgia

The recommended dose of LYRICA for fibromyalgia is 300 to 450 mg/day. Dosing should begin at 75 mg two times a day (150 mg/day) and may be increased to 150 mg two times a day (300 mg/day) within 1 week based on efficacy and tolerability. Patients who do not experience sufficient benefit with 300 mg/day may be further increased to 225 mg two times a day (450 mg/day). Although LYRICA was also studied at 600 mg/day, there is no evidence that this dose confers additional benefit and this dose was less well tolerated. In view of the dose-dependent adverse reactions, treatment with doses above 450 mg/day is not recommended
taken from here http://www.rxlist.com/lyrica-drug.htm

Obviously, as Clare says, a lot of docs will differ in their prescribing habits but I would check in any case. I believe that the side effects you are feeling typically wear off a your body gets used to the drug. My neuro always starts me on very low doses of such drugs and works up very slowly.

I hope it continues to help you donna.

Katharine

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i dont know anything about this drug, i dso however take keppra for seizures, and that makes me sleepy, far away, until the dose gets into the system, .............. your dose does seem a lot to me, but hey ho, what do i know............. but really i would be asking dr,

infact for my cps, i had to up slowly the drug to 1000mg very slow upping only at bedtime so it would hepl the effects...............

gald you feeling better xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi and thank you so much
ive checked the doses on my tablets doc says 400mg not 600mg sorry all (foggy)lol
so at the moment im taking 2 in the morning and 3 at night.something has come abit of a shock with the side effects i dont want to loose my energy i can cope with the dizzy spells if i can keep my energy levels.
the pain doc also told me that he thinks that i have,nt got fibro he thinks the pain is with the sle so i dont know what to believe but hey ive got some meds not working yet but i,ll wait till the 6/9weeks to get in my system so just another big thank you to you all
omg can you tell ive got energy sorry its alittle long lol

take care all

donna

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I have recently been prescribed Lyrica 75mg twice a day, I was very unsure about taking them too. They were prescribed to help with the tingling, burning sensation in my feet due to nerve damage, this has improved a little. I have SLE and Fybro, still in a lot of pain, but it is early days yet and they do make me light headed. Hope they do not cause weight gain though :(

Kay :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Donna,

Glad youre feeling better, although concerned that you seem to be taking full dose right from day one!

Most people start gradual and work up to the max dose, that way the side effects like groogyness etc. is less noticable. When I was using these I started with 1 dose at night, increased after a few days to 2 at night. After a few more days I was on 1 in morning and 2 at night. Next step after a few more days was 1 in morning, 1 lunchtime 2 at night...then 2 in morning, 1 at lunchtime and 2 at night! Few more increases along after this, it about 2-3 weeks to get up to the maximum doseage!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.