The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hhi everyone, iam sorry i do not know how to start a new thread.so i just put this question here. may be someone can tell me how. anyway i am looking for people who have taking the drug or are taking it know. thankyo so much. eagle 55:hehe:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I started Lyrica twice a day about 2 months ago for peripheral neuropathy. :( It seems to help, but the biggest side effect from it is weight gain. I have only gained about 5 pounds, but still.....:eek:

Are you taking Lyrica? If so, what are you taking it for, and is it working?

·
Registered
521 Posts
They say lyrica is good for fibromyaglia. I have fibromyalgia to the 20th power. But my doc refuses to put me on it because it causes weight gain. Right now they are ready to call me diabetic if i dont lose weight so Lyrica is not an option.
Instead they have put me on cymbalta. At 30mg it worked ok for a while but then seemed to stop working. So my doc increased to 60mg. Then the crazy dreams came and i was talking in my sleep.. But that stopped and the meds did not decrease my pain enough so he increased the prescription again by 30mg. But by then i was climbing mountain(as my husband says) in my sleep (restless leg syndrome).

I refuse to take Miraplex or any other restless leg syndrome meds to relieve it. Meds to decrease the side effect of meds.

i"m weening myself off of this cymbalta and demanding them to find something else for my fibro pain.

This is not an easy task. Keep doing your research and if it doesn't sound like it is something right for you then move on to the next one if there is any.

Good Luck
Take Care

·
Registered
184 Posts
I take Lyrica, for the fibro pain but I don't think it helps...I take it at night but my rheumy says to be effective you have to take it 3 x's a day, I was like that is like 180.00 a month on top of the other meds I have to take per month. NO way so I take it at night, she prescribed neurotin last visit since it comes in generic and has the same properties as lyrica, I figure when I run out of the lyrica I will get that and try it,( I wish Lyrica came in generic):mad:
Good luck with it and I hope it helps, I can't say much about the weight gain I am on prednisone and have been for 2 yrs so I contribute all my weight gain to that and my antidepresant Amytryptiline. Sorry about the spelling!!:hehe:
Anyway good luck!! and I hope it helps you!!!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts