The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!!!

I 've just heard I've been awaded my English Language MA..with a distinction!!!!!!!
Tell you if my body worked as well as my brain I'd be unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's fantastic news Rachel!!! Well done :woohoo:

Hopefully the body will catch up the mind and then nothing will stop you!

Katharine

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Congratulations Rachel!!!!!

Great result:blush::blush::blush:

X C X

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Congratulations Rachel, that is brilliant!! Well done! :party:

Deb x

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Congrats! That's great news!!

Take care, Nellie

·
11,410 Posts
Way to go Rachel! :woohoo:
Congrats on your achievement

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:woohoo: :foryou: :congrats:

That's great news Rachel, your body might be broke but that brain of yours is obviously doing pretty good - so proud of you considering all you have to deal with :thumbs:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That's awesome, your extended family here is all very proud of you!

Enjoy the moment and I hope you celebrate this fine achievement!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all It's lovely to share GOOD TIMES isn't it?
I am really chuffed despite feeling chronically ill at the moment-Hope my Rheumy has some solutions to offer on Thurs as it's becoming a worryingly long bad patch !!!
I have a scholarship to continue on to a PhD this October. However given my health issues I have decided I needed some ‘time out’ - to hopefully improve my health problems ...... and also work through some of my emotions (mainly am I up to a PhD physically vs how much do I want to do it to prove I'm still worthwhile and an achiever like the ''old'' me)
I applied to postpone the start and felt very relieved with my decision until I received the formal letter of acceptance from the University agreeing to postpone ....I burst in to tears ! I feel like lupus is beating me again and narrowing horizons even further...:(

The ups and downs of this dratted illness!

·
Lisa_S
441 Posts
Congratulations, that's amazing! I "just" have a regular old BA, but I was never prouder of myself than when I picked up that parchment. Uni with lupus isn't exactly a cakewalk....

Lisa

·
Registered
216 Posts
WELL DONE :excited:
This has inspired me. Im doing an MSc and had to stop for a while during a bad phase. Ive just started up again, only a couple of assignments and a dissertation (Only she says :rotfl:) to do!

Thanks for letting us know your great news and well done again

Kx

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well done you. It is great that you ahve managed to achieve this for yourself when dealing with an illness like this. I also think you should not feel bad that you have planned to have some tme out to look after you, you deserve it after all the hard work you have done!! And the opportunity to start will still be there. Atleast then you can get yourself feeling on top of things beofre taking up the challenge. You should go and wildly pamper yourself!!!!

Good for you. :cheer2:

Good luck

Cassie. :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Fantastic achievement!!!

Well done for all your hard work.

(Please don't beat yourself up about postponing, take some time and pamper yourself, you deserve it!!!)

Elle x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts