TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have had Rituxan treatment, I was wondering what medications you have taken after the rituxan has started to work? Have your Drs put you on any other medication ?

My Dr has now added imuran to my daily tablet feast each morning. He is trying to prolong / help put me into remission. My first round of rituxan only gave me three months of feeling good, then those CNS syptoms returned very fast.

Any comments or thought would be greatly appreciated

Peta

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Peta,

I never went off of any of my medications. Rituxan was just an addition. Presently I am on Prednisone, Plaquenil, and Cell Cept for Lupus. My neurologist also added Amantadine to the mix to help stimulate the nerves. With plenty of rest and this cocktail the flares are kept to a minimum.

Good luck with the Imuran.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hello Peta,

I never went off any of my meds either; monthly cytoxan & pred, heparin, aspirin were my maintentance meds after rituxan...

Hope the imuran helps! :thumbs:

Zoi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for responding,

I also never went off any medications, however after the first rituxan treatment they gradually reduced my medications. This time around they just added more. I now take prednisone, plaquenil, imuran, warfrin, somac, etc.

Keep well
Peta

1 - 4 of 4 Posts