Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I "always" have a malar rash, either active and ugly, or healing and scaley.

I'm also one that no matter how I feel, I'm looking very pale, and tired, so I always wear make up to hide that fact.

My scaley, sandpaper looking rash always comes through the makeup foundation and looks HORRIBLE. I've tried EVERY moisturizure that I can think of and nothing helps.

What "if anything" has everyone else found that might help with this??

Thanks in advance!

Karin

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Karin, I don't have the mylar rash, but have had lesions and a lot of discoloration on my face.

I'm Native American so the spots get darker in the summer, even when I'm not out in the sun.

I have found Dermablend concealer works for me and I use it as make up.

It is really made to conceal and then apply your regular base make up on top. But I have found a good color that works for me. It's really thick in the jar, but once you follow the directions on how to apply it, it goes on very smooth, it took me awhile to learn how to apply it well. I use those make up wedges and it seems to go on much smoother.

Some people think it's too thick. But go to the costmetic counter and ask them to help you with the color and give you a sample to try before buying. I'm sure they will also help you with applying it. Then you won't be out the expense to see if you like it.

There is also a website www.dermablend.com that really gives you a good idea of what its all about.

Good luck on your search for a good make up or concealer. Raeann ;)

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
DId you ever try powder rather than liquid? I find that liquid brings any type of bump, etc. out and makes more noticeable, then you can see the makeup.

I use Cover Girl - it comes in a round container either green or brown with a pad in it and a mirror.

I don't have the scalyness but when I do have the redness this helps. You can reapply during the day as needed and never canks up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to add that I have the exact same problem. I have tried every kind of cream and makeup known to man. I am currently switching between Eucerin and Avene hydrance for sensitive skin. I use either bare minerals for coverage or Lancome Teint Idole (which hasn't really been working if I have a lot of redness) It seems that my skin becomes immune to a certain cream or makeup and then I need to switch. I have yet to find the perfect one for me. I don't believe it exists. I'm sorry that I wasn't much help. But it's a comfort to know I'm not the only one struggling to hide that horrible redness. Sometimes I feel like people are looking at me and wanting to ask what it is, but are afraid. Maybe there is someone out there who can help all of us with this problem.

Angie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ladies!!!!

I wish I had a solution for you! I actually ran across this message searching for the same help! When I was first started on Chemo my rash totally went away, now it is back with vengience!!!! I dont know what to do! I have tried EVERYTHING! I will be watching this post for others who maybe found a cure all!

Good luck in your search and I will let you know if I find anything special!

~Stac.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Where my face is scaly I use diprobase cream. It is very thick and not very nice to put on your face. On the rest I use a garnier night cream. The make up I have found which doesn't clog is either Bobbi brown or Mac. Both ones are the liquid long lasting ones. I find that I do need to use expensive make up to get a good, nice coverage. I use soap and glory concealer because I use so much of it that I can't afford to buy Mac. Then I put on some transparent powder to set the lot for the day.

Cally x

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Clinique does a range of redness concealing products that I have found highly effective. It is expensive but lasts for a long time. A good moisuriser is essential I find.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello,

I have these all the time! and make up can make them look dry and scaley and horrible!

A friend of my mums also has lupus and she recommended hydrocortisone ( not sure if thats how its spelt) ointment not cream. it works really well!! maybe you could discuss this with your doctor maybe get it prescribed. but always ask them if they think its suitable for you.

Also i swear by

http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/_en/_gb/minisites/nudemagique/

this! its a miracle worker. not a thick foundation and not a powder. it has little bubbles of cover up that blend with your skin and is really light weight! i use it all the time and its great!!

I hope this helps! And i totally know how you feel. im so pale and tired looking im practically seethrough!

xx

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Everyone,

This is a really old post 2/15/2008.
It would be great if one of would start a new thread about rash/ makeup.
thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too have a scaly rash sometimes but other times its just a huge red discolouration, like I'm sunburned. I found that a cheap perfume free lotion did the trick for calming the dry crusts also paw paw ointment seems to work a gem. and when its not crusty for make up everyday I only use powder, the liquid or condensed wet stuff just shows lumps and cracks its not nice, it also blocks skin from breathing and feels like a pancake on my face. I used sheer cover and it was awesome for coverage but made me itch a bit ... I am down in Australia and I now use Nude by nature its really good coverage and doesn't make me itch. :) They also have a whole heap of cleaners mosturisesers etc but i didn't like them as much. too much perfume.

Hope that is helpful :)

xx
Spring

·
11,409 Posts
Please start a new thread.
As I have said before this is an old post 2008.
I am closing this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.