The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to all this so please forgive me if this question has already been asked, but I was just wondering if anyone gets a burning sensation when the malar rash is present? My rash accross my face is more of a flush but when it comes up it feels a bit like sunburn. x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello again,

Yes, I certainly do. I think it's a pretty normal sensation when the rash comes up.

If you want to find other threads on malar rashes (there have indeed been quite a few) you can put "malar rash" in in the "search" function and find the threads.

Katharine

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Lottiex....................

I totally have to agree with you. My every present butterfly heats up every now and again and when it does, not only is it bright but it has a tendency to smart. Of course what is funny is when someone tells you that you have your blush on a bit thick.:rotfl:

Have a good weekend
Nancy

p.s. I like to tell people that is my beacon of light.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi lottie,

I'm glad you finally have a name and some treatment for your ailments :)

The malar rash did burn a lot for me especially pre-medication, now I'm on meds it's not as bad a rash if I flare and it doesn't feel like someone scorched me with an iron :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
138 Posts
Help! Malar rash too?

Hello

Sorry to but in, but I needed advice on the same subject! I have had fairly mild SLE for years but have just developed a rash on my cheeks and bridge of nose. It sort of smarts and I'm conscious of it, but it comes and goes. The only thing I can link it to was a body balance class I went to where there were two UV strip lights on, and then the following evening the rash appeared.

Is it going to get worse? Is there anything I can do? Is it there for ever? Does this mean I now won't be able to go in the sun this summer? I am really upset as it's so sudden and I went to a party on saturday and my friends thought I'd had a few too many and was all flushed, and I do so hate being asked stuff about my body. It's quite sore too.

Please help as I'm a bit freaked out by how quickly it appeared, having had lupus for so many years and sunbathed loads without this ever happening.

xHatty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts