TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My husband is running in the London Marathon next sunday week. I expect he'll finish sometime on wednesday:rotfl:

Seriously though.......he has run many marathons before but this year he is running for Lupus UK. If any one would care to make a donation you can do so via this site
www.justgiving.com/michaelmccarthy1
Thanks in advance

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Must be great to have your hubby doing that.My Daughter is doing a bunge jump on the 17th may.She is also doing it for lupus So give your hubby my Best Wishes on doing it Elisabeth

·
asleep at the meal
1,179 Posts
Haha, a "marathon" for lupus is a walk across the room sometimes.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Wishing him all the best with his marathon

Sheila :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We went up to the marathon registraton yesterday to meet some of the Lupus UK team.
There will be fifty plus runners for lupus wearing the dark blue and lime green vests. (Not orange as in previous years.)
His picture was taken for the magazine and he insisted on me being in it too:eek:
Give **** a shout if you see him on telly:lol:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all.
**** completed the marathon in 5 hours after suffering with the heat and blisters.We should have raised about £900 for LupuUK.
He now says never again but is planning to do the three peaks sometime this year. Thats Ben Nevis Snowden and Scafell mountains in a weekend!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
woooop tell him well done from all of us!!!

My friend is doing it next year for lupus not sure if for st thoms or lupus uk yet.

I am also doing the 5k walk in london next sunday (10th-world lupus day) I have raised almost £400 for st thoms so far:D

xxxxxxxxxx:love:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi BigSis,
Tell your husband congrats for finishing the marathon.
What a good way to bring lupus awareness.

Hi Mooks,
Glad you are promoting awareness for lupus too.:bigsmile:
Way to go!

Love,
Lyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts