TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WORLD LUPUS DAY !!!!!

May 10th is the 6th annual observance of World Lupus Day - a day which brings global awareness to a disease that affects more than 5 million people worldwide. Lupus is a potentially life-threatening autoimmune disease. In lupus, the immune system of the body attacks its own cells and tissues. The joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, heart, nervous system, and other organs of the body are affected -- no organ is spared. Lupus is a disease that targets a group of people who otherwise should be healthy -- individuals between the ages of 15 and 44. The disease often goes unrecognized because its primary symptoms -- joint pain, fatigue, skin rashes, and fevers -- mimic many other common illnesses.

·
Registered
314 Posts
World Lupus Day, May 10

Hi, I received several World Lupus Day posters from the Lupus Foundation, Illinois Chapter, free just for the asking. I took them to a graphics printing shop and had 25 copied onto heavy poster board paper. I sent several to friends and family across the US. I asked them to help raise Lupus awareness by placing them in windows and places of business. I also distributed some to Rhumy offices, women's clinics, etc. Hope some of you will join the global effort to educate, increase research funding and establish Lupus as a public health issue.
Please help in the campaign. Thank you, Rosie

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomorrow is world lupus day....spread the word!

Stephanie

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have to laugh

So I say to my son - "It's World Lupus Day tomorrow"

and he says - "So what's everyone doing to celebrate? Are you having a party - or is everyone too tired?!? :wink2: ":rotfl:

Don't you just love them!

Merle

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's good Merle :rotfl:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Priceless Merle!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Geoff, I actually saw my first info. commercial concerning Lupus this morning. Can you believe it happened in the middle of Sat. morning children's cartoons. At least it was on ABC. Wish it had been on in the evening for adult viewing. Keep up the good deeds. Take care, Rosie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh my gosh that is histeracol:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.He does sound absolutley adorable.I will most defiantely spread the word.Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.

Tammy

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oops day late

Merle from the mouths of babes :lol:lol

Geoff I was watching The Simpsons:hehe::rotfl: even Homer mentioned the Lupus Fun Run so the message is getting out there.:wink2::wink2:

Take care everyone

Dixy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and sent 23 texts to friends and family telling them it was World Lupus Day and giving them the World Lupus Day site address and asking them to forward the text to someone they know...all in the interests of creating more awareness

http://www.worldlupusday.org/

I figure if even half of them forward it on to one more person thats 22 people who might just log on and get educated :)

Cheers
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
And even I put things up on my facebook account - people will think I've become lupus obsessed :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I sent an email to all my contacts who don't have lupus (cos i don't think we need to be made aware of it :p), giving a brief description of what lupus is and also informing them it was world lupus day. I also asked them to send the email to all their contacts too so hopefully some of them will have done it.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts