The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well, I had the second psychiatry appt on Monday and I think it went 'well'.

Well at least she doesn't want to see me for a month this time, compared with only 10 days between visit one and two!

My diagnosis is now 'severe post traumatic stress disorder and depression'.

The Psych thought I seemed more cohesive and my memory seemed a little better. She thought I was more 'sparky'! - her word, not mine!

Since Monday, things have been tough again.

Well infact, since last Thursday - that day being the day I received a phonecall from my younger brother (27) who told me that the liver unit had found 'something' in his liver and he needs an urgent MRI and that it's unlikely but it COULD be something to do with the cancer he had last May. Arrrggghhhh! But I did cope and I managed to talk him through the 'first 2 hours' after THAT news.

So I seemed OK for that day and the next and then a terrible day - crying all day, feeling really removed from reality again etc.

Then got a bit better again, now husband 'playing up'!!!!! I won't go into it here and hopefully it'll sort out but it's to do with our finances and the potential consequences are dire!

So much for my Psych saying - mininmal stress etc !!! Ha ha ha ha!

So still struggling really but some better moments and even some better days.

Psych said I was trying to run before i could walk and it takes a bit of time to recover.

ON the positive side, I did suddenly feel like painting and bought a sketch book and paints . . .haven't actually done any yet . . .but at least I had the idea and did something about it!

Hope you are all as well as you can be (and not suffering too much from the hot humid weather in UK at the moment!, or anywhere else!)

love Cathy x

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Hi Cathy, am just about to get to bed but wanted to say a quick hello and send you a hug :hug:

So much for low stress levels, isn't it always the way. I hope yr brother is ok.....Try to put paint to paper if you can it might take you out of yourself for a little while, be well xxP

·
11,410 Posts
(((Cathy)))

Sorry that your stress levels are going high for you.:hug:

I hope your brothers tests come out ok. It is hard when family members are having a rough patch.

It is great that you bought some paints. That would be a great hobby. It can provide you some relaxing time and forget about (for awhile) troubles and just be creative.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Cathy, I just wanted to say that I have empathy at leats! I have similar things happening in my life at the moment; it really doesnt help does it? Stress has been an issue for me too, I find myself getting tense and 'ill' when the stress builds. I know its really really hard but get out your paints and start. Ive started knitting!!! (when my fingers are not like sausages). Probobly a silly hobby for me to start but it takes my mind off all the worry.
Im sending you a hug :hug:
Take care Im thinking of you.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:hugbetter::pixiedust:
Lots of hugs and fairy dust going your way Cathy!!

:flowery:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and hope your stress lowers soon.

A nice hot bath, box of chocolates or whatever makes you happy is always good.

Sending warm hugs to you. Keep your chin up.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Cathy hello hun, just want you to know im thinking of oyu, you are doing well lovey, just take one day at a time. hope your brother will be ok too.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Lin xx:getwell:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.