TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure this belongs in this section, so please move wherever it should go.

I was watching Good Morning America this morning and they have these programs now that you can get all of your medical records online. You have to pay for the company of course, but they send out requests to all the doctors you selected, hospitals, etc. and all the records go into this file for you. So you have immediate access to them and so can your doctors that you allow. I checked out one of the sites, not sure if I can list the one here..... but anyway, checked it out and it seems to be very safe. It allows you to put on your front page, all your illnesses, medications, etc. etc., send you reminders on prescriptions, etc. etc it can even upload all the xrays and tests you have.

I really like this idea. My sister who lives in another state, her doctors automatically use one of these programs. So every time she goes to the doctors, the test results and doctors notes, etc. get emailed to her.

It just seems if we had all our records like that and test results, we could easily track them and then when you see another doctor, you can either pull up the site on their computer or you can save to a small portable hard drive that fits in your hand and just have them open it.

So I thought that some of you here might also like that idea. You can email me if you want and I can send you the link of one of the most trusted sites, or you can go to Good Morning America site today and read the stories they talked about today.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Paula

I don't see why such sites should not be named. It's not as if you are making a profit from it or promoting for vested self interest. It's just sharing of potentially useful information for discussion

They are trying similar information sharing IT schemes in the UK I think or at least it was being talked about quite recently, so in an emergency the records kept by the GP can be immediately accessed by whoever needs them or of course the patient themself whenever they want.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Sounds like a great idea if you can get the docs on board too - and of course if they do a French version for us over here!

Katharine

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't sure if you could list websites, ok so I am going to list it for those who are interested..... I also think that it would be handy in emergency situations if you had that thumb nail hard drive in your purse, they could just pull up all your information. The front page is set up to show your conditions and all your medications. Go and check it out. Hopefully this is the way of the future - for free.

www.passportmd.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts