TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the medication that i am on i could open my own chemist i take hydraqloraqune 2aday tramadol 8aday diazipan3aday amatryptilen3at night carisopradol3aday remiedien8aday phenergan2at night morphin2atnight 1 inthe morning also 3 inhalers for astma is any body else on the same medication:)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Elisa, i think there are lots of us here on lots of medication,but if it helps us to feel somewhat better,

then maybe we will have to shake rattle and roll lol!!:lol:
sorry i thought that was funny, you have to laugh sometimes or you would cry...............

take care hugs Lin xxxxx

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Elisa,

My medication list has 20 different drugs on it. Of those 20 16 are used on a regular basis either daily or weekly as prescribed. I take several of the meds that you take or meds to accomplish the same thing. Over the last 5 years as my list got longer and longer I started to get concerned. However I need each and every medication on my list. I have overlapping diseases and other complications.

Many doctors are using multi-pronged approaches these days in treating their patients. Taking 2 different medications at slightly lower doses reduces the probability of problems with side effects.

At the end of the day I would ask is the medication helping you? How sick would you be without those meds? I would be curled up in bed in total pain and exhaustion with no desire to eat.

If you aren't sure what each medication is for please ask your doctor why he has prescribed each one. It is important for us to know why we take our medications. For instance, one of my meds is an anti-seizure medication that I take to control my Fibromyalgia pain. Another one is a blood pressure medication that I take to control my Raynauds.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hello the answer Ragedyann gave is right on as far as I'm cocerned.
I have seen my wife on as many as 28 medications each day or on a regular schedule.
When she was on this many she was not get better but was getting worse and worse each day.
She went into the hospital and we got a new doctor. He removed all but four and she started doing alot better almost imediately.

If a person need alot of medications and they are helping that is fine.
If a person is taking alot and they are not helping and are causing other problems that new medications are given for the best answer has not been found yet.

In the end the only ones who can judge the quality of medical care they are getting is the person getting it and maybe there family.
If a person feels they are getting good care and what is being done is working they should stick with that. If they feel that it is not working and they are becomeing a test case they may be better off to look for something else.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Tons of meds

:wow: I am on about twenty meds, well take one away because now I am injecting the methatrexate, but I find that if I didn't take them I would feel so much worse. I did however get rid of several bottles of meds that I was taking on an as needed basis and they weren't helping, or now they counteract with with what I am taking now. My biggest problem is that I see my rheumatologist, general practioner, nurse practioner, psychiatrist, cardiologist, neurologist,gastrointerologist, allergist:eek: and it is sometimes difficult to keep everyone informed about everything I am taking. I also have inhalors for asthma and nasal sprays for allergies, one in the am one in the pm. Then of course add the cpap machine I use for the sleep apnea, but I think that so far my life is improved by these things, except for the problems I have been having with the prednisone, they add to my quality of life. I also consider myself lucky because I have Medicare A,B and drug coverage as well as Medicaid so my co-payments are very low, although sometimes it is a bit tight because I am on Social Security Disability. But whenever I am out picking up medicine, getting tests done or in the doctor's office I see so many people who don't have the health insurance they need, or the co-payments for medicine is so high they can't get all their prescriptions.:( For all of you in that position I hope things get better...I also find that keeping the lines of communication open with all you doctors about what drugs you are taking and how they are working is so very important. Sometimes my liver enzymes go way high and get out of wack, a lot of times the consensous is that I am on a great many medications and we re-evaluate what I need and what I may get rid of. I kind of rambled on a bit, please forgive me it is past my bedtime. Take care everyone, Karly:wavesmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts