The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
i started taking medrol a week ago and wanted to ask you how long does it take before you start noticing positive and negative effects.
i take 16 mg per day: it seems to me the joint pain is better; as for the negative effects i experience some discomfort with my stomach...it gets better if i eat or chew something but it's worse with big meals! Also i feel so energic (too much maybe....). Anyway there's no swelling at all so far (good sign or it's just too early?)
thank you and take care

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Positive effects are seen usually within 2 days; you should be at about maximum improvement at this point a week into it. This medication is not like Plaquenil where it takes months to accumulated enough in the system to get more improvement. Less joint pain and more energy are two very common effects. To reduce tummy troubles it can help to take it with a nice sized meal & you can ask your doctor about tummy protecting medications that you may want to add if you are to stay on this med longer term & keep having the tummy issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts