The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are things that scare me.Yesterday I could not remember whether or not the queen mother had died.My husband reassured me that she had ,quite a while ago,but I didn't quite believe him!Now,I feel absolutely bonkers because I can't believe I couldn't remember that yesterday.Does anyone else get that?i feel so stupid!
Julsie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Haha, that's actually very funny because I had exactly the same problem last week. My hubby thought she was still alive (but he's Belgian and doesn't speak a word of English, so we'll forgive his lack of knowledge) and I said that she died quite a while ago. But, as soon as I'd said it, I thought - did she? I suddenly didn't have a clue :rotfl:

So in short, yes, I get that and a whole lot more. I am constantly having to ask people for the same info twice or three times over and I can't remember loads of things which I knew inside out. Thankfully I can usually hide my forgetfulness (at least in my work) thanks to the net. I often have to look up things that I knew but have forgotten.

Katharine

·
Registered
521 Posts
I get that when i've done to much and am tired.

I forgot what year in college my daughter was in,,, she's in the U.S., her sophomore year and i thought she was a freshman. The yaer is almost over so its not like it just started and i was still in freshman year.

Its embarressing. But that is what happens.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Again!! Wow, that's another thing. I forget what years my kids are in too but it's really shameful as they are 10 and 8 and live with me most of the time!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
It's comforting to know I am not the only one... I quite often can't remember saying something to someone and end up telling them twice. Funny thing is I might only have told them 10 mins ago DOH:lol:

I must admit though it is worse when I'm tired!

Claire

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh,my God!it's so embarrassing,when people ask you how old your child is?or the school asks me what tutor they have or what year they are in:blush: I've just collared my son and asked him to repeat his tutor group ...three times...8JHR,it's just too much for litttle old me to remember!:hehe:
Julsie
P.S my husband always gets me when he asks me what year we were married in?God! don't test me!it was 2003,but sometimes I just can't remember...I think that's right!?!...:blush:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I always forget how old I am, always have to count five backwards to figure out how old my sister is, and two forward for my brother. I once forgot in front of everyone in the lobby what apartment I lived in, 5, my neighbor cruel he is had me convinced I lived in apartment 7.:blush: I always have to call and see when someone is coming to get me, what time an appointment is, I must look up, set the alarm even in the afternoon, and forget about knowing what show comes on when on tv, especially since I can no longer rely on the tv guide on channel 23, the new cable company took that channel out of my package--I think I will never see my favorite shows again, if I have to rely on memory.:worried: Karly

Don't even ask me how old my cousins are that's hopeless.......

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! Ha!that's so funny Karly because I forgot how old I was and was telling everyone I was 37 when I was 36 for a whole year until my husband pointed it out!:lol: felt like I'd missed out on a year of my life:rolleyes: durr!
julsie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts