The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this came about when I started a thread about what you do to survive the pain and other ailments that we deal with. I posted that I bury myself in music to deal with my pain(s). I just started writing music and recording and mixing etc. This is what allows me to survive my problems. This is the only thing that has come out to be good for me in the past 3 years since my diagnosis. For that I am grateful.

So, what I have done is written a song dealing with chronic pain and what we have to deal with each day, the humps we have to jump over, and other trials and tribulations we face in addition to the pain. I kept the song gender neutral and disease neutral, because most of us are dealing with more than just Lupus.

Unfortunately, the song isn't 100% finished. I'm having it mixed by a much more experienced musician that I am, but I did the best I could for now (but I am getting better at it). There is still background noise and the abrupt ending to be fixed. I'll repost it once I get it back; should be just a few days I hope. It's called What's Inside of Me.

What's Inside of Me

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=851961&songID=7160777

I also posted a link to another song I wrote a little while ago. Many people I know that are struggling can relate to this song as well. I love to crank this song up and let it all out.

Let Me Out
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=851961&songID=7007435

For both songs, I did the guitar tracks, all the vocals (lead and harmonies) and the recording and mixing. Then my friend tweaks the mixing for me. I enjoy this so much. Never in a million years did I think I would be doing this. I have actually just finished writing song numbe 13! Unbelieveable to me...but I am thrilled. I just keep coming up with these ideas. My family says I should write happy songs, but I seem to be an emotional writer and that's okay for me. The whole world is not happy, so there are people who can relate to my music. I've had a few requests to get "Let Me Out" published. That I'm still having a hard time swollowing...that someone would even think something I wrote would have that kind of an impact on people. I'm thrilled of course, but insecure still about my abilities.

So, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Thank you my (Lupie) friends.:grouphug2:

Annette

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great songs ... have added to My Favorites. Thanks for sharing. I've passed them on to others too.
Annette , All the best in 2009.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bullwinkle....glad you liked them. The final version of "What's Inside of Me" should be great (at least I hope so). The song is just my interpreation of what seems most of us have to go through, whether we have a diagnosis or not.

Again, I find music very theraputic and I hope this might help at least 1 person feel like they are not alone in what we live through on a daily basis.

Annette

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Nutty,

Thanks for sharing such a positive story with us. It is true that some things in life, although they may seem far from good, can turn out to be a new path or opportunity.

Music is very important to many of us I think and it is great that you can share something like how you feel about things.

I've tried to put this down in poems from time to time but I seem to write poems best when I'm pretty sad or distraught and I just haven't been for a very long time... good thing really.

Katharine

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Katharine,

Yes, I was hoping that this would be helpful as a release for what we have to go through in addition to the pain we live with each day. Or, ou can show or play this for someone who doesn't understand our frustations and daily troubles we have to face. In addition, it shows how are virtual friends make a big difference for us....people who truly understand our illness(es).

Poetry would do the same thing I think. I'm much better at lyrics I think....They appear the same, but very different from what I've read.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys or relates to the songs. If I missed the mark with this song....let me know..it's not 100% done.

Thanks.

Annette

1 - 5 of 5 Posts