The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I have too many problems! But...

I think my red blood cells might be low, and I'm only at 50 mg of Imuran. Started with a headache which has been a week now. Then I started feeling a little weak. I'm always so tired now. And yesterday I started getting dizzy and lightheaded. And I still am today. I feel like it's a fever but my temperature is okay. And I've been taking 65 mg of Iron everyday as I used to be anemic.

Tried to email my rheumy, and she hasn't replied yet. Wondering if I should continue the Imuran feeling worse each day. Or is it from the lupus flaring.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Melissa,

I hope the Rheumy gets back to you soon. You could always go and have a blood count done at your GP's couldn't you?

Personally I think it's a bit premature to be thinking it might be the Imuran, it could be that, but many things are possible with those symptoms. You won't know until you have a blood count done.

It's also not uncommon to have a few side effects for the first couple of weeks of treatment until your body gets used to it, so bear that in mind :hug:

Fingers crossed there is some other explanation for it.

:hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lily.

My rheumy always tells me that I have a virus. And wants me to slowly increase the Imuran until 100 mg. It's frustrating to get sick so often now that I started Imuran. Guess I just can't win! Either I have no immune system at all or my immune system tries to eat me. :p

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Melissa, well it doesn't sound like your Rheumy is going to be much help then :( :rolleyes: I would go and get a blood count and liver function test done with your GP and if there's a problem then it could be the Imuran. Normally we are closely monitored and bloods done at least every month when we first start out on it. I think at first I had one done after two weeks, it was ok so we moved onto monthly checks. I'm still on monthly checks after 5 years :hehe:that's probably a bit of overkill, but at least they are being thorough.

hugs
Lily

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have no idea about anyone else but with the changing joys of SLE came anemia, well handled with bright red hockey pucks, er, pills. At first three a week, then four, now it could be the Stanley Cup playoffs. Just to digress, I also lost my thryroid to Lupus but apart from some comment on wolves eating sweet breads (if that be the proper term) I have no stupid wisecracks. One MD said I may lose pancreas, kidneys, etc. Her exact summary was, "You may outlive several of your organs."
All the best,
Douglas+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts