The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 33 weeks pregnant and struggling with a horrible migraine. Drs have told me to take vicodin and no help, Does anyone have any info on how such a bad migraine could affect a baby if at all? I am going to my high risk ob tomorrow but was hoping for info sooner.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Oh my babie

I am so sorry to hear you are suffering so much with a migraine(((hugs))).I sure wish i could help you out some but have no idea what to do about them especially while pregnant:sad: I sure hope you get some relief and real soon to.Please let us know what they find for you to take for the migraine.I sure hope you have some help with things.

Tammy

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
as far as I know migraines don't effect the baby in anyway - they just give you one heck of a headache. But the best person to ask of course is your doctor, so ask your doc at your next appointment.

Migraines are hideous, I truely feel for you. If you don't usually get migraines, they can be caused by the hormonal changes of pregnancy.

They really really suck !

hope you manage to dodge them in the future, and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Not long to go now

raglet

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi,

Migraines are truly awful...and worse when you are pregnant! I was getting them in my early pregnancy but they have since stopped now at 23 weeks. (fingers crossed) They were lasting 2-3 days, and it seemed as soon as one ended a new one was beginning. I feel for you!

Since you are seeing a new doc shortly, you might ask for some blood tests. Frequent, recurring migraines especially during pregnancy can sometimes indicate a blood clotting problem if you are prone to them. I am taking 81 mg of aspirin per day to thin the blood a bit, and have seen a positive result with migraines.

I do hope you get some relief soon and feel better. ((hugs))
Sharon

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi ,

I'm, sorry about your migraine - :sick: :eek:uch: :plaster: .

They really hurt.

The most important thing you need to get confirmed is if this really is a migraine, or a headache from high blood pressure. Sometimes pre eclampsia can present with a bad headache, and pre eclamsia is dangerous for you and the baby. If it is a simple migraine it is just miserable for you but won't hurt the baby. The other possibility if you have APS is some kind of clotting activity. Of course this is also potentially dangerous. So do get checked out and don't just presume it is a migraine.

You are doing the right thing getting the ob/gyn to examine you.

Let us know how you get on.

X C X

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I finally got rid of the worst part of the migraine they gave me fiorecet in the ER bc the dr wrote out a script for demoryl and vistaryl which i couldnt fill, he put the wrong dose. Anyways I still have a lingering headache but I will manage! I suffered migraines before the preg and will go back on my preventative meds after the baby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had debilitating migraines early on during my pregnancy, but they usually stop a bit later on. If you suffer from anemia it's ten times worse. Try and increase your salt intake and drink a lot of water. If it's hot outside, stay inside. After it goes away, you can eat salt normally again as too much salt isn't good for you either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts