The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've been having migraine headaches every two weeks. We've been getting alot of rain and its got my lupus flared up. I'm trying to go out on disability at work. I turn in my papers this week. They said it would take 3 to 6 months to get approved. I hope I can make it through this winter. The cold weather really sets my lupus and fibromyalgia off. Are migraine headaches part of lupus? I was so sick today to the point of throwing up. I slept all day and finally am feeling better. I can't wait to get out of work. It's such a struggle to make yourself go to work when you are hurting. I've been missing alot of work due to my illness. Thanks for listening. Nice to talk to someone that understands what you are going through. God Bless each and everyone of you with a pain free day. :hug:Diane

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Diane,

For me when the weather changes my body starts to scream and behave badly.:lol::lol::lol:

I think many with Lupus do get migraines. Do you have APS and if so are you on any blood thinners?

APS can reek havoc and cause migraines often. I also get migraines that are debilitating so my heart goes out to you.

If your not taking anything for them it may be worth a phone call to your doctor.

I hope you get feeling better soon.:wink2:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
migraine headaches

Hi Karol,
Thank you for your reply. What is aps? The doctor gave me a prescription of demerol and phenergan for my migraines. It took about 2 hours to kick in. I slept all day and am feeling much better. Still have a slight headache. Hope it doesn't come back. Take care!
:grhug: Diane

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Diane,

Sorry that you are having a tough time right now.:hug: I hope the new med you got for your migraines helps.

Here is a definition of APS.

Antiphospholipid syndrome is a condition that can cause clotting within your arteries or veins and various other problems, some life-threatening.
Antiphospholipid syndrome may cause clots to form in your legs, a condition known as deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Antiphospholipid syndrome may also cause blood clots to form in organs, such as your kidneys or lungs. Damage depends on the extent and location of the clot. For instance, a clot in your brain can cause stroke.
In antiphospholipid syndrome, your immune system mistakenly produces antibodies to certain proteins in your blood. Antibodies are specialized proteins that normally attack body invaders, such as viruses and bacteria.
There's no cure for antiphospholipid syndrome, but medications can be effective in reducing your risk of blood clots.
I found it here.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antiphospholipid-syndrome/DS00921

Changing seasons are really hard for us.:(

Take care and let us know how you are doing.
Love,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Diane, migraines that frequently must be awful. Maybe you could chat to the doc about it as they can prescribe meds to help prevent the frequency of attacks. If you are having a stressful time with your disability claim, I suppose that will not help. I hope things work out for you.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, migraines are now accepted as part of the neuro part of lupus. I will suggest you get a referral to a neurologist who knows about autoimmune diseases and the damage that cns/np lupus can do. You will most likely have to do a bunch of testing and lab work, but hang in there, there is a lot more known about sle than in days past.
Sally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.