The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi there Aggie,

I personally think you should seek afvice from your GP regarding Migraines and what medication to take!

You can buy many things over the counter, but what can't be done is a checkup to make sure the headaches are caused by Migraines or whether they caused by something else!

There are medications that you can take way before the Migraine really hits, which are quite useful as at that time nausea will not have set in. Also there are injections available!

Take care!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lesley. I have been diagnosed/prescribed medication by my GP. Just wanted some alternatives to discuss with her if the Maxalt Melt situation continues.

·
Registered
203 Posts
hi
i think you should go to gp i suffer really bad with migrain attacts but i can just take anything and also not alot helps to, what meds have you tried??and there is always A.E if they get to bad.hope you find a solution but see your gp.

p.s
becarefull with migrain meds they dont soot all and also fit tabs are used there is also a migrain preventer to.
good luck

donna

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I also think there are shots that folks can take for migraines but can't remember the name of the medicine. My girlfriends sister uses them. Maybe Google may provide answers. I am drawing a blank mentally...........gee, isn't that a surprise.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Aggie you could try getting it on line since you have a prescription for it. Somebody has to know why it is hard to obtain - the pharmacist usually can advise about this sort of problem so how about calling them.

:) Good Luck
Clare

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Aggie,

I also have Migraines. I use Zomig melts. I also have Imitrex injections I use..
Also, this last week I was prescribed Topamax for migraines. I have not started the med yet, so can't say if it helps..

I hope you find relief for your migraines soon. I know they are terrible.

Best Wishes,
Sandy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.