The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening all

sorry another question here and more of a wondering really. since being diagnosed i have had alot of what i can only discribe as migrating body pain which travels around my body at times ( mainly in the day). It moves to my hip then leg then possibly arm, under rib shoulder etc etc. Sometimes its a shooting stabbing or stinging nervey type pain. Hope this is making sense. When i asked the rhumie about it he just said its just a muscular problem possibly coming from my neck but im not sure about this. does anyone else have this??

thanks annie;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Annie
I think wierd and wonderful pains are a big feature of lupus.
I get travelling joint pains. If I have pain in one wrist......I am pretty sure it will occur in the other fairly soon. Also have muscle pains.
I have also had pains that are very hard to discribe quite where they are specifically, like, all around hands. feet etc.

Good luck

·
Registered
279 Posts
hi Annie

yes I have had pains and hot spots travelling round my body. Mostly on the left side of body. I could have both knees burning hot and achy or just 1 weird or what.

well take care love

dixy

·
Registered
467 Posts
:wavesmile:hi annie

yes i too have the traveling pain disorder. actually i call it musical pain, depending how much pain i'm in when it finds a place to hurt, i moan in different tones..:p

hugs and kisses

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Annie,

I get spells of this - a lot less frequently now due to med adaptations - but my pain is definitely nerve related. Very sudden, sharp pains. They might last for up to an hour in one place, perhaps stabbing away every few minutes in that hour. They then move to another place - always in/around joints. Mind happens both in the day and at night but does tend to wear off most of the time as the night goes on. If it doesn't, then I don't sleep at all.

My tendons can cause a similar type of pain but it is sharp without stabbing away and stays for the time it is going to stay. The tendon pain, while very severe, doesn't take my breath away like the nerve pain does.

The only pain I get around ribs is very different and not at all linked. I get that when I am literally hurting all over and can hardly move. I then wake up at around 5 AM when my anti-inflammatory has worn off (I'm used to a degree of pain that I sleep through anyway) and all my joints hurt deep down inside as well as feeling like I've got a few cracked ribs and very stiff and sore everywhere (muscles).

So, many reasons for me but I'd say the first sounds perhaps closest to what you've been getting? It could be just "one of those things" but if it has come on suddenly, is getting worse or is very severe you need to try and see what might be causing it as a high degree of pain is extremely debilitating.

Katharine

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi all

many thanks for your replies, yes its very uncomfortable but not agony, just a bit concerning though, its interesting to see that others get it and i will speak to my rhuemie at my next appt

annie x

·
Registered
2 Posts
migrating pain here too!

I'm so glad to see that I'm not nuts or just being a wuss when I get these! It's happening right now, as a matter of fact. Little pulses of pain jumping around from place to place in my joints and muscles. on top of that, my skin hurts and burns, so that i don't like to have anything touching it.

Like SpellBinder, I've given this a name...when i get this way i say that my body has turned on the christmas tree lights and set them to blinking!

Take care, everyone!

Larissa

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, Yes me too. Moves around a lot from the knees, feet, hands and now back. Never know where it will be from one day to the next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh gosh, me too! Most of it is under control by plaquenil, celebrex and lyrica. but before i started those drugs, it felt like there was a little horde of antibody thugs traveling at will to wherever they pleased to make my life miserable. I got really strange looks from doctors and friends when i described what was going on (except my primary care doc, who has always taken my pain seriously, bless her heart).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Annie!

I have had this migrating pain but it was diagnosed as fibromyalgia!
The pain went from head to toe and just wouldnt let go!
Try to have warm milk and maybe an asprin and that might give you some sleep and rest as that is what helped me!
Just a thought!

hugs
ratherrun

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi all

thanks again for the replies, my plaq has been put up from 200 to 400 mg per day and the pain seems to have slightly subsided at least for a few weeks.

ill let you know how it goes

annie x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Good luck with the increase in Plaquenil..!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.