TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Finally! Rheumatologist and my GP have been corresponding re my continuing symptoms and the rheumy has now agreed I may have mild lupus and can start on Plaquenil. It's only been 5 years! Have recently been in hospital with mild liver inflammation caused by inflamed bile ducts so think this might be why I'm going to have some treatment. I had to retire early from my job of 25 years about 4 years ago due to many different symptoms similar to those of lupus and was initially thought to have MS. Was then dxd with fibromyalgia and told that I was inconclusive for lupus. For last few years Iv really struggled to get my own doctor to take me seriously. I'm sure he thought I was neurotic. I have now changed doctors and it was nice to be treated with some belief by the new lady doctor I saw today. New blood tests and urine analysis taken before I can start the medication. Thank heavens for this forum as I might have given up long ago had it not been for others telling of their similar experiences when bloods seem normal. Thank you all.

Love, Mary x

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
i know its nice to finally get some sort of results. even if that means a dx of a horrid illness like lupus! just helps to put you at rest like perhaps it is all in my mind. congrats in a weird sort of way. i'm sure you will understand that!

Heres hoping new meds will kick in soon and give you some relief!

Nettyxxx

·
11,405 Posts
Great news Mary,:)

I am sure it is a huge relief to get taken seriously.
I hope the meds kick in quick for you. Some though it will take months to see the results.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
So glad you are there at last, although i do hate the word (mild lupus)
you just take care of your self, and i hope the meds help you

hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your kind replies. I understand what you mean about it being "weird" congrats.....I kinda feel I shouldnt exactly be upbeat about the dx... but knew that people here would identify. After trying for so many years to get the rheumy to move forward when my test results were not specific for lupus... I could have hugged him!! My 38 year old daughter was dxd with lupus a couple of months ago and started plaquenil. She already feels a slight improvement. Heres hoping it works for me too. Love to all. Mary x

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi mary nice chatting to u last night . Hope all gos well for u
dixy

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Mary

Just wanted to add as the others have I hope things go well and that the meds help. Take care:)

Mrs M x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts