The Lupus Forum banner

Misdiagnosed for 10+ years?

880 views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Abi 
I think it is worth a re-look and re-testing for other autoimmune diseases given the length and severity of your symptoms. Do your best to see a lupus knowledgeable rheumatologist, there are many that have been recommended in the past for your country and possibly your area in the Find a Doctor forum.

I would strongly advise getting copies of past bloods that have been run to bring with you to your next rheumy appointment highlighting anything that is out of range in particular or relevant (such as the positive ANA and elevated ESRs.)

It never ceases to shock and anger me the way some people get treated by the medical profession. A raised ESR= Inflammation which equals PAIN! A positive ANA (especially if the titre is 1:320 or higher) is a decent indication of some kind of autoimmune connective tissue disorder. Seems like they focused too much on the RF factor being negative which seems strange because only about 50% of rheumatoid arthritis patients test positive for it!

Arrgh. Just venting a bit for you. Good luck and press on. I hope you find some real answers and more importantly some real HELP and improvement sometime soon. Let us know how it goes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.