The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Hi

I have only just noticed this post as I haven't been on the site much just lately as haven't been well. I have UCTD, which is now being termed MCTD as my bloods have changed a little recently plus psoriatic arthritis/RA, not really sure which! At first I wanted what I called a 'proper' diagnosis,but then after discussing things with my rheumy, I realised that UCTD or MCTD is just as good a label as actually being diagnosed with SLE. My rheumy explained that my case wasn't clear cut and was a little complicated and therefore she couldn't diagnose me with one specific connective tissue disease as I have the symptoms for more than one. I am currently taking azathioprine and prednisalone, which i am rducing the dose of as I increase my azathioprine. The treatment that she has me on is the same as she would use if it does turn out to be lupus, so I am happy with that and now don't really care what label I have, I will still have the same symptoms and treatment no matter what it is. Hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.