The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am going to be starting on MMF tommorrow and was just wondering if anyone else here has taken, or is on these tablets?

Thanks, Lauren x

:) :hehe: :lol:

·
smile xxx hugs to all xxx
77 Posts
am on these tablets along with Meany others, i find the higher the dose am on they help my joint pain,,
at the min am on lower dose as my white blood cells where far to low so i notice my joints hurting allot more.

only problem i really get i very soft stolls but apart from that am fine on them,,

good luck hope they help you

Roxie xx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lauren,

I take Cell Cept, but am still on a starting lower dose. I have seen improvement in headaches, (I had disabling headaches). I still have joint pain and other symptoms....but, overall see a success with the drug. :)

Best Wishes..for, improvement for you as well.

Sandy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Lauren!
I have been on CellCept for about two years now. I have SLE with Kidney involvement. I tryed several other things before getting on it. Cytoxan (chemotheraphy) was one, which didn't help me out much. but it seems the cellcept has kept things under control. I'm sloooooowly getting off my steroids, which i attribute a lot to the cellcept. Down to 2mg of steroids!

My problem is I would like to have a baby some day, and i have to get off the cellcept to do that, and my rheumatologist is reluctant to have me go off anytime real soon. we'll see. Good Luck to you! The only bad side effect I've had from the cellcept is a major drain on my bank account. That stuff is pricey, even with insurance! :( Let us know how it goes!

peace,
Mandy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Lorendo21, I take cellcept, and I think it really helps me. I was taking 2000 MG a day. On that dose my joints felt like new. But I started having some side affects and had to be cut down. But I really think cellcept has helped me alot with my lupus.

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Hi Lauren,

Cell Cept has helped me for 3 years now. I started with 500 mgs and increased it until I reached 3000 mgs. In the beginning it made me dizzy but that passed. Now it just makes me gassy.

It is an immunosuppressant so check with your doctor if you come down with an illness. My doctor has me drop off of the medication for a short time when I get a cold. Not all doctors follow the same protocol.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
67 Posts
I take 1000 mg. cellcept daily. At that dosage, my lupus tests went negative, my Hemolytic Anemia stopped and my kidney function stabalized and improved slightly.

I still have some pain and headaches, but I didn't expect anything beyond kidney improvement, so everything else was a bonus.

audi

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I am on CellCept. I take 500mg 2X a day. I feel much better and I am sure that it has really helped. I know that it prevented damage to my kidneys (we just had a scare with protein and RBC) but sonogram shows no damage...so whew...

I am on prendisolone, but on 5mg a day. This helps push the swelling and joint pain somewhere else...I wish they would just up the cellcept, but it seems I am on the max my dr will prescribe for my age, weight, history....

Hope you see results with this as well...noly side effect is I am verrrrryyyy gassy (unexpected farts at just the worst times)

Stephanie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts