TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celebrex isn't lasting through the evening. I take 200mg around 8:30am & 200mg around 3pm. I am in pain during the evening hours even when I have not been very active. A family friend that had breast cancer 4 years ago & had all her lymph nodes in her left are removed, said that with Mobic she has been pain free for the 1st time in 4 years.
I would like to ask the doc about it but I thought I'd ask someone whom has taken it.
How long does it take to kick in?
How often do you have to take it?
Are there any unpleasent side effects?
I thank you in advance for any advice. Take care!
Jen
P.S: I am also on Cymbalta, Yaz & Trazadone.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Jen

I've had a good experience with mobic. At the moment I don't need it, but it really helped a lot in the pre-diagnosis days and while we found a good DMARD regime.

I took 15mg once a day, and omeprazole to prevent possible gastric irritation (the most common side effect).

It is one of the new generation NSAIDs, and has a reputation as being less harsh on the stomach than the older ones. Having to take it just once a day is good too - more convenient.

Obviously you can only take one sort of NSAID at a time. It does become more effective after a few weeks of treatment, but you will also feel some benifit within hours of taking the first pill.

It is worth asking your doctor about it.

All the best,

X C X

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sorry you are having such a hard time with your pain.

I too suffer from joint pain back pain and fibromyalgia pain and i take different pain killers for them.
I used to take mobic and tramadol, ultram, but they just made me sleepy i couldn't function.
Now i take celebrex 200mg recommend and no more for my joint pain and it works, i take it at night when i need it the most.
For my fibro pain i take cymbalta. But if i'm flaring i may take a couple of aleve during the day to help.

Everyone is different,, i hope you find relief soon.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Jen,

Are you on any disease modifying medications? Plaquenil is usually the baseline lupus drug and it will have an impact on pain levels. If the pain is Fibromyalgia related the NSAIDS only have some effect on pain levels.
Is the Trazadone strictly for depression or is it for pain as well? If it is to help pain perhaps a change there might bring different results. I have been on mobic for 4.5 years now it is the most effective NSAID I have ever taken but we truly all react differently.

When do you see your doctor again?

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mobic

The rheumy is thinking I have Lupus. My ana was negative so she is "watching" me. She siad that I do not have fibro all though she did not check me for tender points. I go back the 28th.
The Trazadone is for sleep. I do not fall into a deep sleep. I am having problems with my left leg. I get shocking pain in it & sometimes it wakes me up, over & over. Cymbalta is for depression. Yaz is for endo. The Celebrex took 2 miserable weeks to kick in. When it did I felt pretty good for a few months. I haven't felt so good for the past few months. My main cause of pain is in my joints & bones. Right shoulder, elbo & wrist. Left hip & tibia.
I have seen a ortho for my left hip & I have a birth defect in my lower spine that has worn down my femoral head so it is flat instead of round. With the "inflammatory condition" that I have, my hip joint gets over inflammed like having chronic burstis. So I have chronic pain in my hip, butt & inner thigh area. The ortho perscribed ultracet but I am out. A friend has been giving me percocet & that is how I have been getting through the days. I know that bad but I have to make it in this world somehow. I have a great husband & 3 kids to take care of not vice versa. Thanks for your reply & info on Mobic.
Jen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts