TheLupusSite.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All just thought you might be able to help with this bazzare symptom?

i have had high bp since i dont know when and am not responding to meds.
Well have been feeling pretty rough of late and again went to see doc.
Explain about swollen hands, legs and feet and that head has been a bit swimmy!(hope you know what i mean) worse when getting up or after bending down. troublesome as i work with 3and 4 year old.
Well doc took bp sitting down 156/115 and then standing up 75/46! how dramatic is that! I was immediately told to stop meds, get blood test and come back in 2 weeks!

Anyone have this experience? i would be very interested!!!!!

Netty from Devon ukxxxxxxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Netty,

Oh dear, it sounds like a classic case of orthostatic hypotension with wide variations. They often do a tilt table test to diagnose it, but what he has done is just as diagnostic by the sound of it. You will need to know what is causing this so I hope he can find you some answers. Make sure you mention it to the Rheumy won't you.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/orthostatic-hypotension/DS00997/DSECTION=causes

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/orthostatic_hypotension/orthostatic_hypotension.htm

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Netty, I am so sorry that there is that big of a difference in your BP.
Was it your GP that did it and told you to go off of all your meds? If so,
maybe you should check with your Rheumy b/4 you stop any meds. Let us know about the results. I wish you well.

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so mor your replies, i go back to GP on wed. symptoms still there and others besides so i hope he can help me.I dont get to see rhuemy till oct but will remember to mention this.
Lily thanks for links very interesting.

Netty from devon ukxxxxxxx

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi just an update.

Went to docs, bp more stable but still high and now getting refered to renal unit to see if they can help!

hope your all as well as can be! xxxx

netty from devon uk!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Netty,

Hope you get some answers. I agree with Lily and that sounds like what this may be.

I have a girlfriend with Orthostatic Intolerance and she gets exactly what your getting.

Let us know how you make out.

Karol in the USA:wink2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
orthostatic hypertension

I too suffer from the same situation. my gp has me on blood pressure med for the high blood pressure and another to treat the low blood pressure. it is a fine balancing act. good luck. also you learn to live around it. knowing that when you stand your blood pressure will fall. be aware to stand up slowly. to stay in one spot and get your bearings before you take your first step. hope this helps, good luck

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Faithhillary,

This is an old post dated back to Aug,18,2008.
You probably wont get a response, if you want a response to your problem you should start a thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Netty,
That change in your blood pressure would explain the swimmy head feeling that you are getting. There is something going on and it would not hurt to let all your doctors know about it so they can all be looking into what is going on. Sometimes the doctor that has the answer is the one that you would not think of to have the answer. It is good that he has stopped all the meds as some of them might intesify the swimmy head feeling.

I can't say that I know very much about this, I do get a real dizzy feeling most of the time when I move normally so do have to go slow most of the time. It is listed as a side effect on most of my meds ( Maybe cause dizziness). Little do they know I was born that way, well that is what my parents told me all the time lol. I hope that you find out what is going on soon and start to feel better soon.

·
11,405 Posts
I am closing this thread, it is an old one as I have stated before.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.