The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)My daughter has Lupus,discoid and systemic.She is 33 yrs. old and was diagnosed at age 27 she has 2 sons 13 and 17.I just thought maybe I could Find someone to talk to,sometimes I just feel like I am at my witts end.;)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and welcome to you :)

It is awful for any mother to see their child ill and I can imagine how frustrated you must feel.

There are plenty of warm, supportive people here and I hope that we can help you with any advice or questions you may have.

As she was diagnosed a while ago, I presume that your daughter is being followed up properly for her disease and that she is on medication. How does her lupus affect her?

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Mother54,

Im 38yrs old, I have an 18yr old son and daughters aged 16 & 6. Ive recently been diagnosed with Lupus and feel positive about my diagnosis but........ I know my mum is struggling to come to terms with it. I know that she is feeling really guilty and is blaming herself for 'giving me dodgy genes' which is madness because no one knows what causes Lupus. I have just joined the local Lupus support group and hope to attend some meetings with my mum. I dont know whether this approach will help her but Im hoping it will.

Why you are at your witts end? Is it because of the practical/emotional support that your daughter requires? Is it because you have similar feelings to my mum?

Madwife

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Mum!
I have Lupus and so does my Daughter.
Tell us what we can do for you. We are listening.
Do you worry about her health. Are her Son's helpful. I know my Son finds it hard having a sick Mum and a sick Sister.
Thinking of you,
x Lola

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello,

And welcome to the site... We have a great support site here for lupus suferers and their family... Lupus doesn't just affect the one with the diagnosis and we all need the support....
I am sure you will find what you are looking for ... Dont forget to check the chat site out also...
How is Lupus affecting your daughter? And how are the kids coping?

Welcome again to the site...

Love Penny

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:welcome:mum where do you come from and is your daughter on medication you will get a lot of support on this site.There is allways someone on the site that will get back to you.Does your daughter have a computer that she could come on and get to know some of us on the site aswell as you.Elisabeth

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Mother54,

You sound like my own Mom. She worries about me all the time, even when I am doing well. That is just being a loving mother. Many on this site would love to have the type of support I imagine you give your daughter.

I hope to see you in the chat room. Maybe we can all give you some valuable information to help calm your fears.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A Big Thank You To All for Your Support

Thank all of you for your support and compassion,you just can't know what it means to me to know there are really people who care:).Her boys have had a hard time with her illness,but have really become real champs.I am very proud of them.she does need a lot of support,and sometimes I do feel a little drained,but it's worth it because I do love her very much,and she knows that.sometimes when she is having a bad day it is amazing the things I say to her make her feel so much better,I believe I know where these words come from and I thank God for his wisdom.She is on about 8 different medications.she also sees a doctor but not as often as she should,her and her boys live next door in an old mobile home but she says MOM please don't call it old it is my home:blush:We have 10 acres of land and we have a home right next to hers so we can be here for her and the boys.our home here is in Texas.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Mother54:

Welcome!

My mother is very protective of me and is always concerned about my health, She must call at least 5 times a week and my dad (bless him) doesn't call, he sends me emails, so I can tell him whats happening without having to explain myself (LOL)

I am 48 and my mom can make me feel like I am anywhere between 4 and 8...LOL, b ut I wouldn't change them out for all the money in the world. They are always there to listen and I know they worry alot about me. I hate that...but couldn't live without it.

Its great that you are so close to her physically and emotionally, my folks live 4 hours away.

Bless you for the way you are!

Love Stephanie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I want to first of all welcome you to the sight mother53.I am sure glad you have decided to join us.I am sorry to hear your daughter has lupus but you will find there is alot more they can do for us with lupus.I think it is so awesome that you came into her to try and help your daughter with this disease((((hugs)))).Maybe you can get your daughter to join here also so that we cand help her or answer any questions she or you might have.

Tammy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts