TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippee... it has taken me ten months but finally had the strength in my arms, neck, legs etc to go pillion on my husbands bike... it was wonderful, the smells and the sights you get up there is like nothing else. I thought I would never make it back... it is still funny watching us trying to get on and off ;)and we potter round the country roads like old fuddy duddies.. but the freedom to do what I want for a few hours yesterday was and is precious!:lol: I am feeling it today, but who cares...expected payback anyway and my body doesn't like to disappoint. I feel like I have achieved something at long last... oh and I am down to 4mgs steroids so keeping everything crossed I don't get too sore, see you all later.
Claire X

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:woohoo: Claire! Way to go, just your description made me feel good :)

Congrats on the Pred lowering too!

love
Lily

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's great news Claire:)
There really is no feeling quite like being on a bike, I'm glad you had a wonderful day.
It sounds like the pay back was well and truely worth it:wink2:.

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I used to love riding pillion - depends who with of course, my ex would put the fear of God up anyone!! :eek:

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself - recently I've been dreaming (literally) about riding horses again - same freedom up the top of a mountain (well such as they are in Belgium) with no-one around, knee deep in snow... or on a deserted beach... well, my brain's doing this to me right now!!

Enjoy :)

Katharine

·
11,405 Posts
Way to go Claire,

Sure glad you got to go out riding. It is great fun to be on a motorcycle. :bigsmile:

I still have my motorcycle license.:hehe:
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Your post made me smile.

Going to bed now with a big smile on my face.:):):)

Congrats on getting down on the dosage of prednisone.:wink2:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
That sounds wonderful and it cheered me up too ! I am happy for you. I have a dream more a fantasy at this point in my life of having a Harley trike the sort called a chopper is it? Part of the dream is having a periwinkle blue calf outfit, which would probably cost more than the bike. Dream on as they say!
I hope you'll be able to have many more fun outings

Hugs
Clare

·
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, payback hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.XX Looking forward to some decent weather. We are fair weather riders!!:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cool well done Claire,;) So happy U had a great time,:):):)so was well worth it.

dixy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts