TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After battling a yeast infection all week, I am now plagued with white blisters on the inside of my lips and on both sides of my tongue. I took 2 doses of Diflucan (Tuesday & today).

Is this Lupus related or something else. I have been diagnosed with Lupus and vasculitis. I'm currently on Plaquenil & Mobic for the Lupus and Bactrim DS for the vasculitis along with blood pressure med and premarin.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose I should call the doctor. :mad:

Michelle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pesky Ulcers!!

Unfortunately yes,they are connected,and are not given enough credit for how unbelievably painful and miserable they can make u.I am at my wits end with pain,as i am absoulutely covered in them.My poor husband went away out his way today to get an Aloe Vera product from the health shop 2 see if this will help,ill keep u posted.Any other remedies for this would be much appreciated from anyone.I have suffered with these for the last 7 years and have tried various over the counter remedies, gels, pastes,mouth washes etc
Thanks Gwenni

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on Blisters

Went to the doctor who feels it's a virus but could be a lupus flare. This was not my primary doctor since it was on Saturday.

The blisters are still coming and going. I only have 4 at this point but they are quite sore. I now also have 2 areas that are brown. I think this is where old blisters were. Not sure what to make of it.

The doctor made it sound like lupus mouth sores were different.

Any other advice would be great.

Michelle

Thanks for your post Gwennie - Hope your doing better

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mouth Ulcers?blisters

Hi again Miss Gladys,

Not sure about the brown patches what did the doc say about them?
All i know is that mine are very large white/clear almost like holes in my mouth,tongue,roof of mouth,inside lips underneath tongue and all over gums.
They are also very red and swollen aound the area,im having trouble eating,speaking etc Nightmare!
I purchased bees propolis at the weekend,as it was recommend to me so this is my latest trial ill keep u posted!
Keep ur chin up even if smiling hurts(literally)
Luv Gwenni
Ps Isnt everything a virus these days????

Have a good day xx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The absolutely prototypical lupus mouth sore occurs on the roof of the mouth and is painless - this is likely why the doctor wondered if yours was due to lupus or a virus. That said, many of our members report painful mouth sores, it's certainly a common occurrence amongst lupus patients. Whether they are due to lupus directly or indirectly or unrelated, it's sometimes hard to tell.

Did you get anything to help your mouth feel better at least? There are a number of good numbing mouthwashes available by prescription.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts